“Dirty Dirty”

Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Olmito, Texas
“Dirty Dirty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I, my wife and son stayed in this hotel a few weeks ago. We travel a lot and have stayed in many hotels and this one would rank as one of the dirtiest I have ever stayed in. The floors and carpet were totally disgusting. You dared not walk without something on your feet. We got into town late foe my son's college orientation so we were desperate. I felt bad that my family had to stay there and my wife said next time let's just sleep in the car. That is how bad this place was.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Tim S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Carthage, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Well the rooms r terrible service terrible n price was crazy I paid $71 the first 4night's 5 night paid $61 n was told that would b my rate if I decided on a 6th night which I Did n paid $81 I paid more the 6th night than first 5 n the ONLY reason I stayed that long was because the only other place available cost $200 a night ..pool is tiny breakfast was terrible n most of the employees r very rude n mean they don't enjoy having kids stay there either apparently cause my 12yr old went n to get his sister orange juice cause I forgot it and they said rudely wasn't u just inn here ... railroads go by at 3am laying on the horn n the maintenance men that live there stay up partying n drinking n house keeping looked like a junkie just terrible experience all the way around

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Hllyrc75634

Travelers are raving about these San Angelo hotels

Dexter, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Rooms are okay, really need the walls painted, holes filled in, new furniture, but with Best Western, Choice hotels, etc. gouging everyone because of the oil field, this is a good deal for the money. Room was large and roomy. They do offer a pretty decent breakfast. There is an excellent Italian restaurant right next door. Until the oil field leaves town, I will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Well the rooms are a good size, the outside is fine. But the carpets are filthy and it smells of dust. The bathroom is a joke. U turn the light on and the vent comes on with it very loudly and it rattles like its about to fall out. There are dents and holes in the ceiling and wall. I'm in room 133 by the way. Don't know about other rooms but this one isnt to my liking. The price is cheap though. Guess you get what you pay for. It wouldn't be bad at all if they had it cleaner. I'd much rather smell bleach than dust any day!

• Stayed May 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel got stuck somewhere along the line and it stayed the way it was. Old bedding, damaged furniture, the heating/AC unit was in disrepair and you couldn't even read the dial. They were replacing some of the furniture at the time of our visit so ask for an updated room if you go.

Room Tip: It's near a train track but we didn't hear one while we were there so it may not be a proble...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Located near a high traffic road and railroad, it's quite a noise all the time. When we stayed there was a lot of noise coming from the ventilator shaft, makin it impossible to sleep. This forced us to move to another room in te middle of the night. The next room was occupied by ants.. Combined with strange folks hanging out in the neighborhood, this is a dont-go!

• Stayed October 2012
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

I show pigs and it was a last minute decision to take our stock to the San Angelo Livestock Show. This is a very large show and San Angelo is a smaller town, so as you can expect, there wasn't much availability in the nicer hotels that we would of originally tried to book with. So we checked into the America's Best Value Inn. When getting into town and heading for the barns we passed the area and realized how seedy it looked. It gave off this creepy vibe to me. Kind of a "No Country for Old Men'/Scarface feel. When I finally convinced my parent that this place was creepy, he slightly considered switching, so I called to see what their check out policy was. The phone rang and rang and rang. It was a late night at the barns and we got back around 11-12. I won't go into detail of the explicit language, but I am 90% sure there was a PROSTITUTE in the parking lot. This is where my story gets offensive and my racial-profiling ways are uncovered. As we walk to our room, there is a black guy standing outside our room speaking Spanish into an outdated cell phone. While I only speak a little bit of Spanish I was able to pick out the words dirty cuss words which made it all the more unsettling. Our room appeared clean-ish. The beds were horrifically uncomfortable, and the carpet was pretty sketch. The shower was TINY. And our window curtains wouldn't close, allowing me to view Joe's Italian Restaurant all night, just waiting for a panoramic shot of a Soprano's style shoot out. THIS PLACE IS SCARY, SKETCHY, CREEPY, DO NOT BOOK.

Room Tip: Park on the front side to avoid extra sketchies.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family