“great food and service”

Cork and Pig Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Cork and Pig Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 222 Restaurants in San Angelo
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: phone is (325) 227-6988
Oklahoma
“great food and service”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Shrimp quesadillas were excellent. Others enjoyed the pizza, and I agree it tasted like the pizza I had in southern Italy years ago. Waitress was very helpful and prompt.

• Visited August 2014

Houston, Texas
“Over-the-top-yummy pizza!”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Came into town to visit my son and when we asked his restaurant preference, Cork & Pig was his first choice!!!
I ordered the steak salad - yum! Steak was cooked exactly the way I like it - medium rare! Salad was dressed well - not a pool of dressing on the plate. The greens were fresh and mango chunks very tasty!
My husband ordered the BBQ chicken pizza - BBQ sauce had a sweet taste at first then mellowed out with a not-too-spicy finish. He really enjoyed the "chew" of the crust.
My son ordered "the pig" pizza. He said it was his "go to meal" when he dines here. The sausage was the over-riding meat taste (over the pepperoni and ham.)
Decided to splurge and get dessert- both the chocolate pot-de-creme and the beignets - OMG!!! Delish!

1 Thank bestteachermom
“Yummy pub-style food with an update”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I ordered the deviled egg appetizer based on the reviews I had seen and I wasn't disappointed. They were super yummy. There were five deviled eggs on the plate (not just half an egg as they were loaded) and topped with crumbled bacon - amazing! Since I ordered an appetizer, I knew I wouldn't be able to eat a full entre, so I ordered the steak salad. It was very good and the steak was done just right. As it was, I took 3 of the eggs back to my hotel and had them for dinner (with another snack) the next night. The place was pretty hopping, so the service was a little slow, but the food was interesting and very tasty.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank FieldfamilyMom
Sonora, Texas
“Good but.....”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

It wasn't what I was expecting, it seems their signature food is pizza, everyone was eating it. I didn't realize that. However they do have other things on the menu, I had the pork chops, the place has pig in their name should be good right?, it was, I really enjoyed it. My hubs not so much, he didn't really care for the sweet flavor.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank JamieW05
“Good but pricey”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit. Hubby had the pork chops and I had the "Hillcountry Fried Chicken". The chops were really good, cooked slowly with nice smoky flavor, a bit salty. The chicken is two breast filets, moist and tender, with lots of crunchy batter and two dipping sauces.
My only quibbles are the price of the entrees, higher than we are used to paying for similar quality food, and the Stella Artois on draft was somewhat past its prime. Otherwise, the service is prompt, the atmosphere is nice, and the dress is casual. Bon Appétit!

2 Thank Gayle W