“Regular stop when at San Angelo airport”

Cork and Pig Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Cork and Pig Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 230 Restaurants in San Angelo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: phone is (325) 227-6988
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This little tavern is tasty! It may sound like a bbq place, but it's more a pizza, etc place!! The pizza is fantastic and I especially love their peanut cabbage coleslaw (can't recall the exact name) which is served as a side with some of their sandwich type options.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We wanted to try something different in Angelo, so I saw that Cork &Pig was highly rated and decided to give it a try. I had heard a lot of good things about the place so I was hoping it would be good. We ordered a chorizo pizza but substituted the chorizo for hamburger (I liked that we could choose a menu item or create our own pizza). We also had a salad, can't remember the name. All the items were delicious! The pizza was so good. You could taste the wood baked flavor and the chicken meatballs on the spaghetti were so different and interesting. Love it all, would absolutely visit again.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

On the way back to the hotel following a wedding reception, my girlfriend and I wanted an appetizer and glass of wine. The cork and pig was on the way, so we stopped in and choose to sit at the bar. The food smelled great but we just wanted a little something to tide us over. The queso with meat and peppers was really good. I asked the bar waiter if I could get a glass of Malbec. He said sure! I was a bit surprised as in this part of the country, few people drink (or maybe know about) Malbec and therefore I always get nailed with having to buy a bottle. We stayed for a second bowl of the queso and finished a bottle which the waiter charged us for the bottle instead of the "glass by glass" price. How nice!!!!! The next time we are in San Angelo and are hungry or thirsty, we will definitely stop there again.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Love the name of this restaurant! Went in thinking it was BBQ but I was wrong, they had a variety. Which I'm glad they did. We ordered the Angry Calamari for an appetizer. They were fried up with 2 different dipping sauces. One was a creamy sauce and the other was a sweet and spicy red sauce. Loved the red sauce!! Good heat and sweet at the same time. I had the French Dip with the Peanut coleslaw and my husband ha the Club sandwhich with slaw. Now my French Dip was just alright. The roast beef had no taste and I would have preferred to have more horseradish sauce on it. Now the Peanut Coleslaw was GREAT! I'd eat there again just for the slaw. Good nutty flavor and not too sweet. I asked the husband if he like his club sandwhich and his reply "hell ya"! There were piles of meats on it and the side of hot mustard added a good flavor. Good food proportions for the price. Good little place. Will be back.

1  Thank JenniferC C
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We looked at reviews before getting to San Angelo on our way to San Antonio and found Cork and Pig Tavern. We got the last outside table on a lovely fall day and shared the Hawaiian Surfer Pizza cooked in a wood fired oven. Our server brought our check pretty quickly, but we persisted, got her back, and ordered Key Lime Pie and the beignets, both enough for several people and leftovers. An unexpectedly great dining experience.