“Wouldn't Stay Again”

Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Asheville, North Carolina
“Wouldn't Stay Again”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I chose this hotel because it had good reviews and a decent price for the area. I was extremely disappointed. To begin, the rooms are TINY. I've never been in a room so small. I'm a petite person and even I felt cramped; my 6'4" boyfriend could barely take a full step anywhere. Then we discovered that the sheets/comforter were dirty. Not just dirty, but bodily fluids and bloody fingerprints, and mascara/eyeliner(?) We called the front desk to try and get them changed, but we were told that housekeeping was gone for the night and we would have to wait until the next day; it was only 4pm. The next morning, I found about 25 ants crawling in and around my coffee cup that I had left on the desk. I left a card for housekeeping, and went down to the desk to request a room change. The room I was given had plumbing tools in the bathroom and the toilet was taken apart. I went and request another room (btw, never received a single question from the desk about why...). The third room worked fine for the remainder of my visit, but I couldn't wait to leave. I was never contacted by any staff regarding the condition of my rooms. The breakfast was small, but sufficed. The highlight of my stay was Texas-shaped waffles.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WithoutAMap
Desiree R, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Angelo, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
I am very sorry your stay was anything less than exceptional. We apologize for the front desk behavior when issue were brought to them. We are undergoing maintenance at this time and the room you was checked into was to be out of inventory. We truly hope you will choose to stay with us again. If you do please contact our GM Dorrie Hromadka and she will take care of you personally. Dorrie will insure you receive a larger room. Again we apologize and hope to see you soon.
Dorrie & Desiree

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We had to stay in this hotel for a week (with our cat) because our house sold before we were able to move. The location is good, service was decent, and prices were excellent. It isn't luxury, but it was clean. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Desiree R, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Angelo, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Your kind words are most welcome. Please do come again.
Epping, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Great Stay, Price was extremely good. They take care of military with pride. Wanted to take the pillow top mattress home but it wouldn't fit in the overhead compartment. My room was clean as could be when I arrived and the same when I returned every day. Breakfast was great but nothing was as good as the Staff. Everyone from the GM to the housekeeping staff was professional, and respectful of every need you could have.
Highly recommend this company for a restful and great stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Desiree R, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Angelo, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Your kind words are so welcome. sorry our mattresses do not fit in the over head compartments. Come again soon.
Desiree
Norman, Ok
Reviewed December 27, 2013

No frills, but clean with nice sized rooms (though a few too many carpet stains). Not sure why they don't have King sized beds, but the Queen size had comfortable sheets and blankets. Front desk help was pleasant. We didn't use the laundry facilities, but understand they offer them free of charge…great for the oil workers!
Loved that it was NO smoking and pet friendly!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Desiree R, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Angelo, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank You for the kind comments. We look for to serving you again.
Desiree Rusche