“Nice for a change.”

SpringHill Suites San Angelo
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Reviewed November 6, 2013

As a sales person hotels begin to all seem the same. Grouchy desk attendants and serviceable accommodations. I LOVE staying here! The staff is amazing. It seems like I always have a problem when arriving and they have gone above and beyond to help me. They always remember my name and make me feel like I am a special guest even though I am one of many. My last stay I lost my suitcase in travel and Jessi helped me get what I needed to be able to be comfortable. I only know her name because I felt guilty for not knowing for so long as they always remember mine. Diane has been quite helpful in the past as well. Absolutely a home away from home. Best place in San Angelo hands down!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites San Angelo

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Last night of a 3 week motorcycle adventure. Last night in a hotel.

Rode into town after 10 hours of fighting the wind and dust as a cold front escorted us into town. The final 45 minutes were in the rain.

The hotel is on the west side of town. Very confusing location if it's dark and raining and you are tired. The signage was terrible. But we finally found the hotel.

One of my pet peeves about front desk staff is when they do not greet a guest and secondly when they do not greet a guest who is a rewards member. This night the young lady at the desk violated both my pet peeves. She didn't say Hi, Evening, Howdy or boo. She was more interested in flirting wiht the oil field worker who was in the lobby. And when I finally got her attention she simply took my card, gave me my key and that was it. No thank you nothing. Not a good way to handle a guest who was obviously weary and tired from traveling.

The hotel is the "new" SpringHill decor with the beads hanging from the ceiling. I'm not a fan because they are nothing but dust collectors. But they do look nice.

THe room was typical for SpringHill. The new design anyway. Not sure what designer decided the toilet needed to be it's own room, but it is what it is.

We ordered food from Pizza Hut, it was late and too cold and wet to ride anyplace. When the pizza arrived the front desk clerk called the room, but didn't wait for an answer. Then she just sent the guy up to the room. I'm not a fan of this. Poor security for him and poor security for the guests. Hopefully this practice will stop. I am used to meeting the delivery person at the front desk at other properties.

The breakfast was a mess. The hostess was no where to be found 1/2 of the time. ANd the tables were filthy. I know it was a Saturday and the hotel was full, but still your hostess should be there stocking and cleaning....not gabbing with the housekeeping staff.

Final pet peeve...when we checked out no one thanked us for staying. The front desk clerk took the key and asked if we wanted the receipt e-mailed. That's it. Nothing else.

Note to GM. You might want to do a little training on the staff and guest relations. Fortunately your staff is a little better trained than the Courtyard in Page AZ.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DrFood
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Really easy to find, right off of the interstate. Check in was fine. My husband and I were traveling with my 84 year old mom for a family reunion. First the doors on the toilet and bath were light green opaque glass. Very pretty but not private. No exhaust fan in the toilet. We had a room with a couch and desk separated from the beds which was very nice. Two very large beds with many pillows. Pillows were great but the bed was a little hard. The pool was closed for maintenance while we were there. When making the reservation, I had ask for extra towels. What we had in the room for three people were three towels. The first night I went to the desk and got a few more. The second night, they had changed our towels and took my extras without replacing them. We had a hearing accessible room. A light would flash if someone rang the doorbell. Very nice for the hard of hearing. I have never been to San Angelo and the river walk was just beautiful. We had a wonderful time strolling around the river. With the many hotels to choose from, I would try another one next time. I guess for the amount of money paid I expected a little more.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Lety G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Angelo, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Hello Phylcamp,

Thank you for staying with us during your family reunion weekend. I am really glad to hear you got to visit our Downtown Concho Riverwalk. It is always good to hear such nice things about your city!

I also appreciate the feedback you left regarding the towels. I will address this issue with our housekeeping staff so this inconvenience will not occur during any of our guest's stay.

I really hope we all see you again, as I would like for us to have another chance to better our service to you. Thank you again for staying with us and have a wonderful day!

Lety Garcia

Reviewed September 29, 2013

A definite surprise for San Angelo. An extremely nice hotel stay with all the ammenities. Staying there again, beyond a doubt. Wonderfully clean room with an extremely friendly, helpful staff. The only complaint I had has nothing to do with the hotel. When in San Angelo, make sure you bring your own supply of bottled water. The city water is horrible. I'm a former San Angeloen, so I do know of what I speak. :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Hello Susie M,

Thank you so much for kind comments about our staff here at SpringHill Suites by Marriott. It is such a delight to see positive feedback about our property. I hope you had a blast at your class reunion too!

I completely agree with you on the water situation. Luckily, we have a wonderful water softener system installed in the hotel that helps with the hard water, but I still would not recommend drinking it!

Hope to see you back in San Angelo soon!

Lety Garcia

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The grounds, lobby and room were all clean and in good condition. The lobby is very modern and it has kind of a srange curtain coming down from the ceiling. The room was very nice, though a bit crowded with a king size bed, couch and all the other furnishings. The bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows which is always a plus for me. They had a complementary hot breakfast of eggs and sausage which was very good. The problem came when we tried to turn on the heater at night. It would not heat up and would only blow cold air. We decided to cover up and sleep the best we could with all the blankets and report this in the morning. Maintenance came while we were having breakfast and fixed it. When we checked out we expected to be offered a discount but all we got were strange looks when we asked for one due to the heater. They did give us a small discount but made us feel uncomfortable for even asking. Maybe it was out of place to expect a discount?

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sportstravelerTexas
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Recently our family came to San Angelo to drop off a new freshman student. The hotel was awesome and the staff was above and beyond expections. A special thank you to Kim Workman for the help in getting us to the hotel when we were lost. Kim stayed on the phone with us and got us back on the right path. Thank You Kim!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Really really appreciate this hotel. Always such friendly accommodating staff. Can do attitude with a smile. So nice & clean - smells fresh. And with this hot weather it is cool! Some hotels you sweat walking hall to your room - not here... You could leave your door open. Cleaning staff so thorough even my husband commented appreciatively. I asked for their names @ front desk so I could tip them! Only complaint we had is that swimming pool water is cold!!!!! But very nice & clean with towels for you.

• Stayed: July 2013