“Visit for Class Reunion”

SpringHill Suites San Angelo
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Austin, Texas
“Visit for Class Reunion”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

A definite surprise for San Angelo. An extremely nice hotel stay with all the ammenities. Staying there again, beyond a doubt. Wonderfully clean room with an extremely friendly, helpful staff. The only complaint I had has nothing to do with the hotel. When in San Angelo, make sure you bring your own supply of bottled water. The city water is horrible. I'm a former San Angeloen, so I do know of what I speak. :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Lety G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Angelo, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hello Susie M,

Thank you so much for kind comments about our staff here at SpringHill Suites by Marriott. It is such a delight to see positive feedback about our property. I hope you had a blast at your class reunion too!

I completely agree with you on the water situation. Luckily, we have a wonderful water softener system installed in the hotel that helps with the hard water, but I still would not recommend drinking it!

Hope to see you back in San Angelo soon!

Lety Garcia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
texas
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The grounds, lobby and room were all clean and in good condition. The lobby is very modern and it has kind of a srange curtain coming down from the ceiling. The room was very nice, though a bit crowded with a king size bed, couch and all the other furnishings. The bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows which is always a plus for me. They had a complementary hot breakfast of eggs and sausage which was very good. The problem came when we tried to turn on the heater at night. It would not heat up and would only blow cold air. We decided to cover up and sleep the best we could with all the blankets and report this in the morning. Maintenance came while we were having breakfast and fixed it. When we checked out we expected to be offered a discount but all we got were strange looks when we asked for one due to the heater. They did give us a small discount but made us feel uncomfortable for even asking. Maybe it was out of place to expect a discount?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sportstravelerTexas
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Recently our family came to San Angelo to drop off a new freshman student. The hotel was awesome and the staff was above and beyond expections. A special thank you to Kim Workman for the help in getting us to the hotel when we were lost. Kim stayed on the phone with us and got us back on the right path. Thank You Kim!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Burleson, Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Really really appreciate this hotel. Always such friendly accommodating staff. Can do attitude with a smile. So nice & clean - smells fresh. And with this hot weather it is cool! Some hotels you sweat walking hall to your room - not here... You could leave your door open. Cleaning staff so thorough even my husband commented appreciatively. I asked for their names @ front desk so I could tip them! Only complaint we had is that swimming pool water is cold!!!!! But very nice & clean with towels for you.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I Never Review Unless I'm Extremely Dissatisfied Or Satisfied. In This Case I Was Overly Satisfied, The Room Was Impeccable, Complete With A Microwave, Fridge, Paperware For Eating In Room, A Separated Bathroom And Shower. This Hotel Is Gorgeous Is So Many Ways, From The Decor To The Cleanliness. If You Haven't Stayed Here,.You're Missing Out. I Typically Stay At The Hampton Or Fairfield Here InSan Angelo, But I'm Switching To Springhill Exclusively.

• Stayed June 2013
Shakopee, MN
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've stayed here a number of times and am impressed each time I stay. The hotel is very modern. The rooms are designed to make use of all space and have everything you need from living area, desk area, separate toilet and shower areas, outlets, microwave, refrigerator, daily newspaper and separate reading lights over a comfy bed. Everything is very clean. The front desk has a general store area with snacks and necessities. Check in and out are effortless. This is a really nice place that we plan on using again the next time we visit San Angelo.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wolfrose
New York
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel has been great to me over many stays. The front desk staff is nice and friendly and helpful. The breakfast is good and changes a bit day by day.

My only complaint is there is often noise in the halls and when you can hear doors shutting constantly, it is difficult to concentrate. Other than that, the Internet is fast and the rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo