“Hotel with cool design”

SpringHill Suites San Angelo
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Reviewed June 23, 2012

It was a nice surprise to stay in this hotel, with its modern design and all; nice break from typical hotel. The room was super clean, and I definitely like the way the bathtub is separated from the toilet. The only drawback was that it is somewhat pricey. But it was definitely worth it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank natlehtx

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Never stayed in a Springhill Suites before on our many trips around America but we will do again. Not the cheapest hotel but its nice to splurge out once in a while. The hotel is very modern and stylish. The colours used on the walls at check in, in the restaurant, rooms are different to other hotels and it makes a nice change. Our 2 bed room was large and had 2 toilets. The shower was fab and the beds were very very comfy. There is a large patio were we had our breakfast and its nice to chill out there in the evening. Its close by to the mall, restaurants and the airport. This is a good choice if you want something a bit better.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room as no potential noise above you.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barry and Nicol... G
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I was very surprised at this property as the rooms here are the nicest of any place I've ever stayed with the exception of the W next to the American Airlines arena in Dallas. The rooms are large with a L-shaped seating area next to a room divider desk with a large work area. The shower and commode are separated but next to each other with each area having a sink. The clear glass shower was large and well lit although mine wasn't sealed well at the bottom of the glass door. The TV was good, the refrig cold and I assume the microwave worked but didn't use it myself. My only complaint was the leaky shower and the slow internet. I was using the wired internet but I probably should have tried the wireless side. The staff was great and friendly and the breakfast was ok but could have been great had they had a couple of obvious things. They had all the makings for breakfast burritos except the tortillas and some really good looking gravy but no biscuits so I wasn't sure what they thought it was for. Anyway, I'ld go back anytime to this place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank drgibson1
Reviewed June 8, 2012

One of the best hotels in town, the other is the Holiday Inn Express. The hotel is about two years old, it's very nice and modern. I was in room 421, but it had some damage so they moved me to room 423. The layout is a bit cramped but still nice. The bathrooms are good, layout is a little odd, but it works. AC and cable work just fine.

Small workout area, and a small pool as well. Very nice bar area, the bar tender is ok. The ladies at the front desk are very nice and helpful. The cleaning staff is over worked and missed a few things, so check your room when you check in.

Three resturants within a block of the hotel; Olvie Graden, Golden Corral, and some chicken place.

Room Tip: High floors are better if you can get them, Do not drink the water, buy bottled water.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RyanS1
Reviewed May 11, 2012

While visiting my son at Goodfellow AFB, we stayed at the Springhill Suites. We stayed at a Springhill Suites in San Antonio, TX and loved the layout of the rooms, so we booked this hotel. The staff at the front desk were always so helpful. I have to say the breakfast at this facility was far superior to the San Antonio location and they were prompt at refilling items. We loved the work-out center....even though it wasn't huge. The beds were super comfy. I'll always look for a Springhill Suites when I travel from now on.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Qtwilson
Reviewed April 24, 2012

After having a terrible night at another hotel in San Angelo last time I drove through the city, I did my research this time and I'm so glad I did! The SpringHill Suites was wonderful. I felt like I was in a nice hotel room in a much bigger city. It was styled similarly to a newer Renaissance. Very clean. Very modern. Very comfortable. Nice staff. Big selection at the free breakfast. And free wifi. Do not hesitate to book here.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Modern, hip decor. Clean and comfy rooms. Close to good restaurants. Have stayed in this hotel a number of times since it opened. Decent breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business