“Family Dinner” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Wharf

The Wharf
Ranked #16 of 221 Restaurants in San Angelo
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Cadillac, Michigan
“Family Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I went with my family and enjoyed it very much. The prime rib was done as ordered, tender, and flavorful, also large. The service was great. We asked them to rush my grandson's dinner and they had it out very quickly. The kitchen was quick and friendly. I would not hesitate to go there again.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank dhinkley66

San Angelo, Texas
“Wonderful fried shrimp, fresh Tuna, great desserts, nice bar.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

The Wharf has been around for a long time and it is not a chain. We enjoy the atmosphere, the bar and the food. Last night we had a wonderful Tuna steak, the best baked potato and a yummy spinach salad. The small portion fried shrimp is a wonderful and inexpensive meal too. The service is very good. I wish we had "saved room" for the amazing mud pie, maybe next time!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Yokum
San Angelo, Texas
“Go-to Place for Special Occasions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Best seafood in San Angelo. Great environment with an excellent bar and happy hour. The Shrimp Rockefeller is a delicious, must-have appetizer and their fish is shipped in fresh daily. Homemade dinner rolls upon request are great as well.

Visited March 2013
Austin, Texas
“Don't go there if you can help it!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Over the years I have tried most items on the menu because it is my mother-in-law's favorite place to take us when we are visiting. I have eaten fish, shrimp, hamburgers, chicken, and steaks. I have had raw fish served to me, and it wasn't meant to be sushi! The last fish I had a few months ago was the first in some time. I decided to try it because someone was raving about it as we entered. It tasted so bad that I could not eat it. I gave it to my husband to try and he concurred. It must have been grilled with oil that had been used on fish for a month - old fish taste. The shrimp are tasteless as another reviewer pointed out. The hamburgers are nothing special and you have to ask for mustard or mayonaise or ketchup because they are served dry. The steaks are ok, but there are much better places in town to get one of those. The chicken dish is not as good as I can make at home and again sometimes has a bad taste because it is grilled using the same "old fish oil". It is better to stick with a baked potato and salad if you go to this restaurant although the salad is just some bagged spinach or lettuce put in a bowl and served with bought dressing.

The service can be very good, but it can also be terrible. I have had both. They assign their waitstaff at tables around the restaurant. While it is not a large restaurant, this may mean you are their only table in the area where you are sitting.

Just don't go there. There are better options in town from local restaurants to chains.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Odessa, Texas
“Not overly impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

We were told by friends how good this place was, so we were expecting more. The atmosphere and service were both good , but the food was lacking. The shrimp cocktail was bland, it looked as if it was pulled straight out of a freezer bag and placed around the glass and served to us. A little seasoning and imagination would have gone a long way. The jalapeno soup sounded good, but again, ho hum. The food wasn't bad it just wasn't something I would brag about. In the area, I think it is best to stay with Red Lobster for sea food.

• Visited March 2013