“Nice place -- I'd go back”
Review of The Grill

The Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 225 Restaurants in San Angelo
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Went there for a farewell brunch with my son. Very nice decor and there were many tempting menu selections. Not sure why it was so hard to get a coffee refill, and one of my huevos was fried rock hard. But I would go back for sure.

There are newer reviews for The Grill

Reviewed November 21, 2012

While this restaurant is in a strip center, it has really good food. Location is easy to get to and the prices were very reasonable.

The menu consists of steaks, chicken, ribs (which I tried), burgers, fish and some tacos with fish, brisket or portk. Not a traditional menu, but you won't mind if you have that adventurous spirit.

The menu descriptions made all the dishes sound great, and the aroma coming from the grill was making my mouth water. I ended up selecting the Texas Pork Back Ribs, with slaw and fries. I am pretty sure I made the right choice.

The ribs came and it was not 3 or 4 ribs, it was 6 ribs. ribs. And they were just as the menu indicated, fall off the bone. No knife necessary, as my fork did all the work with ease. Let me tell you, these were pretty good ribs for a restaurant that does not specialize in BBQ. They had a wonderful glaze on them and the seasoning was great. Flavor was wonderful.

Now, I am not a big slaw eater, but I ate every bite of this slaw. I asked the waitress what made the slaw so good. She said that they make it fresh and use very little mayonaise. This may not be exactly why it is so good, but it sure tasted great.

The fries were shoe string style and were also well seasoned and tasted very good. As you can probably guess, I cleaned my plate.

All of this cost $15 and the portions were very large. I would call this a great value.

The rest of the family tried a Classic Burger and Rotisserie Chicken, with fries of course. All of it was very good and the children ate all their chicken without any complaints.

As my family and I travel through San Angelo frequently, we are sure to stop by here again.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I like the food and that's the only reason I kept trying. There are many problems, I use to go there but because of the poor ventilation, I would always leave smelling like I'd been standing over a BBQ pit and its loud in there. So, I choose instead to call ahead and order the food to go, but there is a chance that when you call they will put you on hold and then forget about you (this has happened to us several times) The last time I called I waited 4 minutes. I hung up and called again but because the phone was on hold, my second call went to voice mail. I left a message but continued to call over and over for about an hour. I finally gave up. So dissatisfied with the whole experience.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

While in San Angelo on business, we had several people tell us this was the nicest place in town. Being from the Dallas area with wonderful restaurants, my expectations really weren't that high. I know, that sounds like a snob, but my point is that I didn't go in there with unrealistic expectations. That said - I had the salad with the bacon dressing. It was amazing!! We also had the guacamole and queso as an appetizer. The queso was more like pimento cheese but the guac was good. My co-worker had the daily special, which one would expect to be good. The special two crab cakes and he only ate one of them. You would think the waiter would have noticed that a good size man left half of his meal - but he didn't. We sat by the kitchen, so got to see many dishes prepared that looked wonderful. The presentation of the food is good. Overall, I enjoyed The Grill and would return to it.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Big hype at opening and some of the food is exceptional. However, it appears they are resting on their laurels with a stagnate menu of the same items. The menu is small which means all of the dishes have to resonate. The tacos are almost tasteless and serving rice and black beans on most items makes it a bit boring. A signature desert would also help.

These type of upscale restaurants are what I want but without variety, it become routine.