“Disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Grill

The Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 221 Restaurants in San Angelo
Cuisines: Southwestern, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I like the food and that's the only reason I kept trying. There are many problems, I use to go there but because of the poor ventilation, I would always leave smelling like I'd been standing over a BBQ pit and its loud in there. So, I choose instead to call ahead and order the food to go, but there is a chance that when you call they will put you on hold and then forget about you (this has happened to us several times) The last time I called I waited 4 minutes. I hung up and called again but because the phone was on hold, my second call went to voice mail. I left a message but continued to call over and over for about an hour. I finally gave up. So dissatisfied with the whole experience.

Dallas, Texas
“Good, but avoid the crab cakes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

While in San Angelo on business, we had several people tell us this was the nicest place in town. Being from the Dallas area with wonderful restaurants, my expectations really weren't that high. I know, that sounds like a snob, but my point is that I didn't go in there with unrealistic expectations. That said - I had the salad with the bacon dressing. It was amazing!! We also had the guacamole and queso as an appetizer. The queso was more like pimento cheese but the guac was good. My co-worker had the daily special, which one would expect to be good. The special two crab cakes and he only ate one of them. You would think the waiter would have noticed that a good size man left half of his meal - but he didn't. We sat by the kitchen, so got to see many dishes prepared that looked wonderful. The presentation of the food is good. Overall, I enjoyed The Grill and would return to it.

• Visited September 2012
San Angelo, Texas
“Good food but they need daily specials”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Big hype at opening and some of the food is exceptional. However, it appears they are resting on their laurels with a stagnate menu of the same items. The menu is small which means all of the dishes have to resonate. The tacos are almost tasteless and serving rice and black beans on most items makes it a bit boring. A signature desert would also help.

These type of upscale restaurants are what I want but without variety, it become routine.

• Visited July 2012
San Angelo, Texas
“One of the best restaurants in San Angelo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Great place for traditional food with a southwestern and mexican twist. I have eaten dinner and lunch at this resturant over a dozen times in the last year. I have never been disappointed and have always had a great meal. Signature cocktails and a very good, yet reasonable wine list tops it off. If you like mesquite grilled steaks, fish tacos, pulled pork tacos, enchilladas, incredible chef salads, fresh made guacalmole, huge homemade hamburgers, this is the place for you. They also serve Sunday Brunch!
Try their jalapeno 'rita 'tini...

• Visited August 2012
San Angelo, Texas
“Big City Atmosphere in West Texas small town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

My friend and I went about 1:30 on a Saturday, we were told we would have to wait for a table or we could sit at the bar..we chose the bar area. They had a couple of flat screens on at bar area with ESPN playing; but the level of the noise wasn't bad.
We were able to see what others were ordering and the chefs off to the side preparing food.
Everything looked good. SInce they were serving brunch until 2p I decided to try the migas, along with a fruit flavored margarita. My friend ordered the charcoaled grilled baha fish tacos.
We also had the guacamole, and a 'cheese spread' for appetizer to be eaten with the corn tortilla chips. The Cheese e=was sort of a pimento cheese type ..was ok..the guacamole is really good and freshly made/ the migas so so, fish tacos had a good flavor.
It cost about $20 per person.

• Visited August 2012