“Disappointing experience”

Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Georgetown, Texas
“Disappointing experience”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Was expecting at least an average room and experience for the amount charged for the room but was sadly disappointed. The furniture was dated and very worn, bathroom sink was clogged, mold around the bathtub, a/c was noisy and did not adequately cool the room and the towels were so cheap that I was covered with white lint after use. Will not be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sherry E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Campbell Hall, New York
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Once we checked in realized second floor room was inaccessible for my sister-in-law that is on crutches. One call to hotels.com cancelled my previous reservation and allowed clerk to book first floor deluxe room for same price. Extra effort was not only necessary but greatly appreciated!

Room Tip: I booked online and when I checked in realized second floor room would not work for my sister-in-law...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Anna G
Doniphan, Missouri
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I made a reservation at this hotel, then cancelled 2 days prior to the day of check-in. I tried to cancel my reservation online, then after being unsuccessful I called the hotel directly. The lady I spoke with said she could not find my reservation & that it must have already been cancelled. Subsequently a charge of $86.39 showed up on my card. I called & spoke with the manager who told me there was nothing they could do. So, because of an employee error, I am the one who has to pay. Can you say INCOMPETENT?

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all. Pay with cash if you do.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank junipurrwind

Travelers are raving about these San Angelo hotels

Fredericksburg, Texas
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We've stayed here before, but feel that the hotel is becoming more tired. We had two damaged lamps in our bedroom and one didn't even work -- hotel staff should have discovered that themselves, not us. The breakfast selection was pretty limited and there weren't enough tables for everyone to sit down. The price is good, but they need to improve some things before we'll return.

Room Tip: It's quieter in the back of the complex.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank fbglove
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This was the third time staying at the Inn. The office and housekeeping staff can't do enough to accomodate. The rooms are clean and fairly quiet. The old room a/c strained to cool things off in the Aug Texas heat, but it got the job done. Typical breakfast fare. Good pricing. We'll stay there again next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Midland, Texas
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stayed here on a golf vacation. Very clean room, good LED TV, cold AC, nice free breakfast. A good value at a good price. Staff was very friendly and helpful. For you tool buffs, Harbor Freight store is right next door on Knickerbocker street. More tools and toys may cost you more than the room, so beware.

Room Tip: Ask for east side away from highway noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I had made this reservation two months in advance. To be fair, we had driven over 700 miles before we stopped here, it was late and we, especially me, was not in the best of moods. I had requested and paid for when I made this reservation a roll away bed. When we got to the room, at 10:30 PM, there was no roll away and when I asked the front desk, they didn't know if they had any as a baseball tournemnt was in town and the hotel was booked. (one was finally brought into the room an hour later) I went to give my son a shower and the shower didin't work..couldn't pull the nob up (rusted closed/water minerals ) to turn on the shower. Had to wait until my husband could get "into the handy man mode" before we could take showers. He finally fixed it..as getting anyone up to the room to fix it as this time of night, forget it...Again, just one more thing. Oh, we had rooom 601..NO ELEVATOR at this hotel, so expect to haul all your luggage, strollers, etc up 2-3 flights of stairs, which I guess is ok, but again after driving all those miles, I really just wanted to relax. Amanda at the front desk was really the only good thing about this hotel, and she is well underpaid. She was working the front desk, answering calls, searching for the roll away, ETC, as their was a shift change and no extra help. You would think with a full hotel it would have been run better? I guess this hotel just seemed very unorginazed, and out of sorts. I would not stay here again nor would I recommend this hotel to anyone

Room Tip: don't get any rooms that require you to carry luggage, etc up flights up stairs it this is an is...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family