“Unexpected surprise”

Angry Cactus West Texas Bar and Grill
Ranked #22 of 244 Restaurants in San Angelo
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

As we are going to the angry cactus, I was expecting southwestern Texas food. The menu is more American however, the food is very good. Tableside guacamole was very good also with an endless supply of chips. For dessert, I recommend the bananas flambé Also done a table side.

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

Great food and great atmosphere. I loved the chicken fried steak and the Bloody Mary. I would definitely eat here again!

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

The cactus may be angry but you won’t be if you give this place a try. Stylish decor and an awesome water feature inside the restaurant sets the tone for a most enjoyable experience. The food is tasty, well presented and the staff attentive. An extra bonus, they have drink specials nightly and a happy hour menu.

Reviewed August 25, 2018

The atmosphere is fun, hip, and casual. Lots of fun and quirky decor to look at. The appetizers are wonderful so don't skip out on those. I had the chicken fried steak medallions and they were amazing. My husband had a pork steak of some kind - I can't remember. The food is very attractively presented and they have some fun and unique cocktails, too. The kids menu was pretty standard for this type of restaurant. I'd (almost) drive back to San Angelo again just to eat here.

Reviewed August 8, 2018

We came here for lunch. The food was very good. I had the CFS with veggies, and my boss had the fried catfish. The food was very tasty. I would hasten to add the lunch menu portions are extremely small, so if you are hungry order on the regular menu