“great place for a glass of wine... or two” 4 of 5 bubbles

In Vino Veritas
Ranked #85 of 221 Restaurants in San Angelo
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dallas, Texas
“great place for a glass of wine... or two”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2011

I came here with a girlfriend and we were surprised by the huge selections of wine in this little place. You can order either by the glass or a little bit of whatever three wines are featured. It's kind of pricey, but the atmosphere is nice and the wine was really good. Nice server as well. There are some pics on my blog: http://countryskipper.com/2011/04/23/san-angelo-a-quirky-little-town-in-texas/.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank countryskipper

Christoval, Texas, USA
“CRAZY FUN!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2011

This was the greatest!! Some friends and I went to have a glass of wine and stayed for 3 hours..All the wine was awsome, just the right temp..Service great...Owner very helpful...Manager very fun and kind. In Vino has some of the best wines in San Angelo and the prices are good. We drank a bottle of Mettler Cab. and did the tasting. What a great way to learn about wine. They are not wine snobs at all and try to teach people about wines.. Highly recommend

• Visited January 2011
3 Thank winetress
Yorktown, Virginia
“Rude!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2010

Two girlfriends and I went to this place last night. It was very busy but there was a small table for two available. We thought adding a third chair would be the answer but we were wrong. There were tables outside in the 100 degree weather.

A young lady approaches us (I later come to find out she was the manager) and we ask if they can make room for us. She says, "Outside, but we don't serve people outside." Ouch! She says, "come back tomorrow, we're less busy."

Why would we want to be outside with no wine/food?

I call today to talk to a manager about the poor service. She remembers me and says she is the manager. Nice. I explain that we are military, have been all over, and never been treated like that. One of us has a degree in business management and could not believe the lack of customer service. She apologized. I don't know about you, but when I run a business, I will ask the offended customers to come in, have a free round on me, and give me a chance to make it right. Think she did that? No.

We will NOT return. There are plenty of establishments here that treat customers well. This is NOT one of them.

2 Thank yannazmom
Minneapolis, MN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oxidized wine and terrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2010

One of the wines featured on the flight we had during our visit was oxidized. After reporting this to the waitress, we were informed that it was fine and that we simply weren't familiar enough with the qualities of red wine. Quote "red wines are typically dry," which I think most people would disagree with and has nothing to do with the fact that the taste of our oxidized wine was flat. After asking, I was then informed that the bottle had been opened four days earlier. We were first declined a different taste from a newer bottle, but after complaining to a different waitrees, we were served from a bottle already opened (and from that day), which tasted noteably better. This place could be a great find for San Angelo, but should make sure the wines used in the tasting flights are fresh, and, most importantly, the staff is better trained in both wine and appropriate customer service.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Resipsa45
Texas
“Great selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2009

I recently visited this wine market. It's a great place to have a glass with friends. The atmosphere was relaxed and the variety of wine is great, especially for a small town. I heard they have a guitarist on some nights but we missed him. As for the reviewer below, he's right it is slightly higher than the local liquor store but that local liquor store is actually a chain. If you want to support a local business, In Vino Veritas is the place to be.

1 Thank TrippinOnMud