Inn of the Conchos
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Rodeway Inn(San Angelo)
$97
Travelocity
$84
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 23, 2009

I reserved a room through their hotel's website 2 weeks in advance. I received confirmation that the reservation had been made. When I called to verify the information a couple of days before my arrival, I was told that they did not have my reservation and that they had no vacancies for the dates requested. I spoke to a manager, but he stated that there was nothing he could or would do not remedy the situation.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank softballmom43
Reviewed March 27, 2009

I have been traveling to San Angelo on a regular basis and have been looking for a motel close to the downtown area, north entry into town and had seen prior ads for the Inn of the Conchos hoping it would be a regular place to stay while visiting relatives in SA.
First of all I checked in to find nasty cigarette smells in a non-smoking room to find the coffee cups used with the stirers just laying around the room, so no cups were available for coffee in the mornning. No program guides for the television stations or room information other than the back of the door so I checked with the front desk with no luck of even finding what channel I could find a channel menu on. Later that night I went looking for ice to no avail, the machines' (2) neither appeared to be working and upon asking at the desk were told none was available but to ask at the bar in the hotel parking lot that they might give us some.

These people just didn't seem to care about customer wants or needs. I will definately continue looking for a reasonable hotel in SA, and don't really understand why it is so difficult.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2008

We stayed here for our family reunion. The outside looked decent, check-in was a breeze and the staff was friendly. Got to our non-smoking room and it smelled of stale smoke. The room was old looking. The handicapped rail in the shower was missing so the holes were exposed and suppose water dripped down to the first floor. Didn't have hot water but good thing it was summer since it was refreshing. Some of the floor moulding was missing and the walls were scuffed. Bed was decent with plenty of pillows. AC worked fine and it sorta got rid of the smokey smell. Rooms haven't been upgraded in quite some time so not sure why they say it's newly remodeled. The breakfast was decent but nothing to rave about.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2007

Room dirty, in need of repair, faucet ready to fall out of the shower. Overall gross would describe this room.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 2, 2007

We arrived at 3pm and the parking lot was empty. We checked in, the front desk empoyees were extremely pleasant. Upon arriving to my room with my two children I immediately had to start killing crickets as well as picking up dead crickets. After ridding my room of no less than a dozen crickets and trying to calm my kids down I noticed that behind the bed there were no less than a donzen more. I went to the front desk to tell about the problem and asked if they could possibly put us in a different room perhaps one on the top floor. I was told that they were booked solid for the weekend ( it's 3pm and the parking lot is emply) I could not have a different room to just wait outside while the maid cleared them out. Knowing there was no way I could battle my children all night about the room I asked for my money back. they gave me my money back all right and cancelled the 6 other rooms of team mates of my daughter who had also had rooms reserved for the same nights. Nice job Concho Inn. I guess now is a good time to mention the rooms were nasty and blinds were falling off the windows. A/C barely worked and it reaked of cigerettes. (non-smoking room)

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family