“Great Value”

Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

I recently stayed at Inn of the Conchos when visiting friends and was pleasantly surprised by the clean comfortable rooms. I enjoyed the breakfast, and received a discount for my line of work from the desk staff. I think this is a great hidden value, and it was interesting that the deal came from an independently owned motel.

Room Tip: Check out independently owned motels in areas that you travel to to look for good deals.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank SonnyStephens
GeneralManager670, Public Relations Manager at Inn of the Conchos, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Hello Mr. SonnyStephens,

Thank you very much for your appreciation of our effort to provide value services in our hotel. Your satisfaction inspires our team to be more committed in maintaining the quality of accommodation you deserve for giving us your business.

I look forward to your next visit in Inn of the Conchos soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Angelo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

This motel was a great value. It is on Hiway 87 with easy access. The room was spacious and clean. The staff and management were wonderful through out our stay. You could really find Texas friendly here. You would never believe the breakfast they serve until you see it for yourself.

I will be back next time I find myself in need of a motel room in the San Angelo area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Mikala B
GeneralManager670, Guest Relations Manager at Inn of the Conchos, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Hello MikBro,

Your satisfaction is important for us. We are grateful for the chance to provide your lodging needs in our hotel and for taking time to share your experience with us.

I look forward to your next visit in our hotel in the near future.
San Angelo, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

Due to plumbing problems in our home my husband,son,daughter in law and 3 year old grandson had to go to a motel.In a hurry we chose this one.Upon arriving I noticed it seemed unsanitary and the beds were rock hard.After seeing cockroaches in the bathroom I was even more uncomfortable being there.My son had to call the office 4 times in the night because people were fighting next door.The next morning people next to us were fighting and the police were called.I flushed the toilet which overflowed everywhere.Maintainance came and stopped the overflow but no one came to clean up the mess.The man at the front desk was very rude and smart mouthed we left before checkout and went to Best Western which is clean comfortable and the people are very nice.Please save yourself the nastiness of Inn of the Conchos and pass this one up!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JuneEJ
Hello June EJ,

I apologize that this concern was not responded and clarified immediately. I assure you that we implemented improvements to better serve our guests.

I hope you and your family will visit us again and allow us to offer and provide you better services.

We value your business.

Travelers are raving about these San Angelo hotels

Gatesville, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

We called this hotel and made a reservation for the night of Thanksgiving. It was a last minute decision to get a hotel and we were glad they had a room. The lady on the phone told us it would be 59+tax for two double beds and a roll away bed. We paid the room charge and got a receipt for 67.75. The next day I checked my online bank account and had the charge of 67.75 plus a different charge for 11.30. I called the hotel and asked what it was for. It was for the roll away. I explained that we checked out, had a receipt for the 67.75, and weren't informed of this. After arguing my point, I let it go and told him if he wanted to keep the roll away on our account, that was fine. THE NEXT DAY I checked our bank account and they had put a NEW CHARGE through our account for 79.05 PLUS the 11.30 for the roll away. I called them again and asked why we had a brand new charge and the man on the phone was rude and said they would look into it. I gave them my phone number to call me back. They never called. I called again tonight and the lady on the other end said she was told to tell me if I called back to dispute the charge with my bank. ??????? I am calling the Better Business Bureau. It isn't right to put random amounts through a checking account. I know it isn't a ton of money, but it is the principle......... we agreed on and signed a receipt for one price and they are charging our account different amounts. ON the rooms, the bathroom was dirty and the carpet was coming up on the edges of the room. The breakfast was being put up when we got there to eat at 8:30. It was to be open until 9 am. The lady looked at us like we were an inconvenience to her and kept putting food up while we were standing right beside her trying to get something to eat. We would never stay here again. I guess we will be at the bank to figure this out on Monday morning.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Lee Ann B
GeneralManager670, Guest Relations Manager at Inn of the Conchos, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Hello Miss Lee Ann B.,

It is disheartening that you had unpleasant experience during your visit in our hotel. I assure you that this misrepresentation will not occur as we have made certain to have updated information at all times especially in regard to our rates.

Thank you very much for your business.
Sturgis, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

We stayed at this hotel and it was not a pleasant stay. The rooms were dirty, the mattresses were cheap and very uncomfortable. I will not stay again. There was mold in the shower.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Hello dkirtley,

We appreciate candid reviews from our guest, it helps us to immediately identify our shortcomings and implement necessary corrective measures.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to provide your lodging needs and allow us to make amends.
Bryan, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

Melissa was very friendly and helpful when we checked in. The room was a little outdated but looked and smelled clean. It was a quiet place, so we slept well. We will most likely stay there again. A great value.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2011

We had a family member in San Angelo who was ill, and we brought our two children with us to visit for a weekend. We looked at several motels who seemed inordinately high for two adults and two children under 12 years. After some searching, we found Inn of the Conchos and they gave us a discounted rate for the weekend and only charged us for one adult in the room. This fit our budget and we decided to stay there. Not only did we get a great rate, but imagine our surprise when we found that the rooms were large and clean! These are not crackerbox rooms, one can actually sit and move about comfortably in them. They gave us a downstairs room in consideration of our small children, and we used the pool. The free breakfast in the morning was great, and I found it amazing that the menu was actually health concious!! We will be returning for a wedding in August, and we have found our new home away from home.

Room Tip: Talk with the staff about your needs.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family