“omg, the worst of the worst!”

Ramada Limited San Angelo
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in San Angelo
Reviewed October 20, 2009

I've never been to a worse hotel in MY LIFE! It started from the moment we pulled in. I had requested 2 cribs for our twin boys...they had 1 immediately available, but had to find a second one. Once we arrived in our room, there were grasshoppers, both dead and alive ALL over the place. I was MORTIFIED! The hotel room WREAKED of something, I can't explain it...old socks maybe? When they brought us the 2nd crib, the room began to smell worse, and we realized it was the cribs that were the cause. I left and came back with Clorox wipes and wiped them both down. Thank God we were only there for 1 night. I got up the next morning, and there was some sort of small bug sitting in the shower... my husband said he thought maybe the room smelled badly because it hadn't been occupied or cleaned out in a while....I don't know what the overall problem was, but I WILL NEVER STAY at this place again, I wouldn't have my worst enemy stay there. It was simply disgusting!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank cotatwinmommy
There are newer reviews for Ramada Limited San Angelo

Reviewed May 15, 2009

We stayed here for one night, thank goodness, because we had to move here and our duplex complex decided to close at 5pm instead of 5:30 like they said we would, so we were stuck here. The plus about this place is that they allow pets. We had a hard time finding it and when I called the front desk for directions, the lady was extremely clueless and of very little help. The room seemed dirty. The floor was sticky, it gave you that "eww" sensation. There was hair in the bathtub. There were streaks on the mirror, suggesting who knows what they used to clean it. I kept telling my toddler not to touch anything, and certainly not place on the floor. It had an overall blah feeling. We could not leave early enough the next morning. *shudders just thinking about it*

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank Riseki
Reviewed February 2, 2009

We stayed here just one night. Saturday night. I do not know why all the properties in San Angelo are so expensive!! They are alot higher than those in the Metroplex.

We have stayed here a long time ago, and did not remember till we drove up. Then we thought "oh no". This is not in a good part of town. It is the rough area.

The check in was quick. The hotel was very full (they were having a horse thing in town). The room was just okay. The beds were clean - believe me I do check- the pillows were nice. The towels were ok. But, the carpet was really dirty. When I got into the shower dirt came off my feet.

The ice machine was all the way down the hall and down some stairs. Too far... Someone's car alarm went off at 2:15 for quite a while. I checked that it was not ours, and was about to call the office when it finally went off.

I do not think the property is worth the money. Ours was 94 plus tax. This was a Senior Citzen discount. For the extra 20 or so, next time we will stay at a much better (and newer) place.

The food buffet was barely there, but the coffee was good!

I think I would not have felt as safe here had it not been for all the people. The lot really was full.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank darlaw
Reviewed May 13, 2008

After reading an older review I was a little bit concerned about what I'd find, but the place was clean and quiet. Everything seemed newly remodeled and worked fine. The people who worked there were friendly and helpful, and there was a very decent, if not elegant, continental breakfast. It was the most comfortable hotel/motel stay I've had in years.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank TXPortraitPainter
Reviewed February 21, 2008

Recently stayed at this hotel on a brief trip back to visit childhood home. The hotel is very easy to find. It was on the exact same highway that we drove in on. Conveniant to all areas we were visiting. And the price was reasonable. However this hotel does have problems. When we first walked in the room, I noticed it did not smell good. True, we had a smoking room, but this was different. Also carpet was stained. Not bad, just enought to look dirty. Also several things not in working condition. The phone(we did not notice until it was almost time to check out when we needed to call the front desk). The air conditioner/heater was not working, only the fan would run. It was pretty cold overnight, so it wasn't a big deal since I need cool environment due to a breathing condition. If it had been warmer weather, this room would have unbearable.
Only other thing was a little slow with housekeeping(cleaning the room after overnight) I think it was after 1 pm.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2008

A close friend was having surgery at Shannon Medical Center, so I wanted to stay at lodging nearby. Before deciding on the Ramada, I looked at rooms at other several hotels in that area. I didn't feel comfortable staying at Knights Inn, Howard Johnson, Inn of the Conchos, or Motel 6 for at least a couple of different reasons. Either the room was not acceptable and/or (as a woman staying in an unfamiliar town) I didn't feel safe coming back to the hotel after dark. THE RAMADA WAS A SUCH A PLEASANT CONTRAST! The establishment was well-lit and there was a Shannon 24-hr emergency clinic next door. The room was clean and quiet, with several amenities including a coffee-maker, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, and wireless high-speed internet. The non-smoking room smelled fresh and clean, like a non-smoking room should smell. The bed was very comfortable, and I had an excellent night's sleep. The free Continental breakfast was nothing special, just an assortment of prepackaged muffins and honey-buns, but adequate for a quick start on the day. Ironically, another close friend is having major surgery at the same hospital, so I plan to stay at the Ramada again this month. I find it to be an exceptional value at a very reasonable price, especially compared to other lodging in the area.

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank ladybugtoo
A TripAdvisor Member
Seymour,Indiana
Reviewed August 23, 2004

Stayed at the Ramada on N Bryant Blv, it was
a very nice place to stay..We enjoyed all of the sights..Especially the art museum and the
Chicken Farm Art Center. Did not get a chance to see the riverwalk but drove by it many times.
That was the only downfall, you had to drive a
couple of hours to see anything outside of
San angelo..But do advise you see the Caverans
of Sonora well worth the drive.

• Stayed: August 2004