“Terrible service-Average food-Slow to receive food”

Johnny's Steaks & Bar-Be-Que
Ranked #3 of 35 Restaurants in Salado
Reviewed March 9, 2013

When paying for your food, watch the amount of change that you are given back. Out of seven of us, two were short changed, and not by a small amount. They did not offer receipts....makes me wonder!
Also, many others were served their food before we received ours. Mediocre food.

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

So i thought i would try it at lunch on a friday.i wanted ribs and brisket.she said no ribs today..how do u not have ribs on a friday afternoon?? So i went with the AUCE catfish special.it was pretty darn good and only 11$.good tarter, slaw and greenbeans.i would go back.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is just the best steak ever. And a LOT of it. The place was much more quaint before the remodel, but more roomy now. And more than one bathroom is a real plus compared to the old days.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We went to Johnny's Steak & Bar-Be-Que after asking the shop owners where they went to eat. There is a special each day and the day we went (Saturday) the special was a steak for 2. At first, we were very hesitant to order a steak at a barbeque restaurant, but since Johnny's was so highly recommended, we took the chance. We were so glad that we did. I do not really like steak, and am more confortable ordering chicken for dinner, but this was the best steak that I have had in recent memory. It was perfectly cooked (medium rare) and seasoned. Although the special dinner was designed for two, there was easily enough for 3 or even 4 people. I don't think we even got half way through the steak. Johnny's Steaks & Bar-B-Que is located across the freeway from Main Street, but is definitely worth the 3 minute drive.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

My son and I had lunch at Johnny's yesterday before going to the range in nearby Florence to pass on to him the 1911 his grandfather first passed to me. We each had the 3-meet sampler which together was sausage, jalapeno sausage, brisket and ribs. Excellent vinegar-based sauce, big roll of paper towels on each table, solid sides and outstanding Texas tea. Johnny has an excellent taxidermist as well -- plenty of mounted game in the place -- including in the men's room (LOL -- that's what I'm talkin about!).
While I don't miss Texas heat and humidity, I do miss the food (including good Texas BBQ), folks and of course my son.