“Excellent”

Ranked #2 of 2 Bakeries in Salado
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We had the cucumber sandwich and desert. It was excellent. The staff is helpful, very friendly and provides great service.

Visited March 2013

Robertsdale, Alabama
“Quaint”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I enjoyed the tea room. The food was good and I loved the flower added to the plate. I thought it was a little strange the clothing hanging on the walls like a boutique afterthought. I liked that they had a magazine article framed on the wall featuring the tea room. A girly girls kind of place though and I can't see a man liking it at all.

• Visited April 2013
Lake Jackson, Texas
“Great little tearoom!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Went here with a friend for a light meal. The service was prompt and friendly, the food was delicious, and we had a lovely pot of tea for two! We also had dessert--a fresh, warm strawberry cake with a strawberry sauce! We thought we had died and gone to Heaven! We'll definitely dine here again the next time we are close by. Could not have enjoyed this more!!

• Visited March 2013
Killeen, Texas
“I give up”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

The first time i came here was for a girls only lunch. We scheduled two weeks in advance and I didn't think anything but the chilled strawberry soup was notable, but it was a nice time overall. Since that first trip I have been in three more times; both of those times I couldn't get service so I left. Today was my fourth attemept at eating here and it will also be my last. There was the older woman who I am guessing is also the owner in the kitchen. She is always very grumpy, but quick to prepare food. What I can't stand is that the cute young ladies working, three today, seem to spend all of their time talking in the kitchen. Today I listened to an entire conversation about movies an watched the girl drink an entire glass of tea when I didn't have my tea. Our teas actually came after the owner brought our food and we couldn't get anyone to bring us a refill to go box or even our check. I also thought our bill was steep at $36 for two $8 plates two teas and a kids meal. Oh, and the kids cheese sandwhih was tiny and terrible. It was like a thin cheese spread with canned fruit :(

“Quaint and Tasty”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a late lunch at Ambrosia Tea Room. The service and food were good. The sandwich we ordered was unlike any other we have tried before (odd mix of ingredients) but it worked and tasted good. Nothing exceptional to write about, a good lunch and not too pricey.

Visited February 2013

Been to Ambrosia Tea Room? Share your experiences!