“The Salado Room was amazing, just like waking up in the 19th century!!!”
Review of Rose Mansion

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salado
Rose Mansion
Ranked #3 of 12 Salado B&B and Inns
Midland, texas
“The Salado Room was amazing, just like waking up in the 19th century!!!”
Reviewed May 15, 2009

We loved it, so quiet and comfortable!!! We'd like to live there!!! We, also, enjoyed the Sun Room, and the breakfasts were delicious!! As diabetics, they were most accomodating!! This was VERY special!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Rockwall, TX
Reviewed January 30, 2009

4 couples and us take a trip each year and stay in a bed & breakfast. We all stayed at the Rose Mansion the Friday and Saturday night after Thanksgiving of 2008. This was not a place I would recommend to anyone. The rooms although rustic (two couples stayed in the main house and the other 3 stayed in the Chester House) were dirty and the bedding was very worn. The towels were dingy and the floors were not swept. None of us felt comfortable taking baths and setting in the tubs so we took showers. The breakfast was cold (two of us found a hair in our eggs) and it was not appetising in the least. We felt like it was under new management b/c one couple had stayed there before and said it was much better. We wrote them a note telling of our dissatisfaction but never heard from them. Also the rates were not as they were quoted on the brochure or website. We have stayed in some lovely places but this was not one of them.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — food and dirtiness
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
Waco
Reviewed October 5, 2008

I cannot comment on the quality of rooms here as we have not stayed here. We had reserved a room here and received a confirmation on a Friday for a very crowded weekend in Salado. Then at almost 9pm on Sunday night, I received an email, not even a phone call, saying that they were incorrect and the room that they confirmed on Friday was not available. Because of their error and two day wait to discover their error, we were unable to find another B&B in town to stay at and our trip to a certain extent was ruined by their poor service and amazing lack of professionalism. Just be forewarned that even if you get a confirmation, it's just words and may not stand.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Lack of professional customer service
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Graham, Texas
Reviewed June 9, 2007

I have just returned from a quick getaway to the Hill Country. On the way I spent a night in Salado at the Rose Mansion. I booked a room in the Main House and was quite happy with the accomodations. Very quite and relaxing in the beginning. I ended up leaving at 11:30 p.m. though do to very loud neighbors. Other than that the establishment is very quaint. I would recommend the outer buildings for a quiet break.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed June 15, 2005

What a great place to stay. The hospitality was great, as was the food more than we could eat. We stayed in the Garrison cabin, it was like living with the Ingalls family, only with hot and cold running water. We would recommend the Rose Mansion to anyone looking for a trip back in time with all the conveniences of home.

• Stayed October 2004
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 2, 2004

What a place! My husband and I were thrilled with Rose Mansion, with its beautiful old buildings and stunning grounds. Our room, the least expensive Travelers' Room, was small but clean and nicely decorated. We had no complaints about service and would certainly return if we visit the area again.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 17, 2004

My Husband and I stayed at the Rose Mansion a couple of years ago. The cottage we stayed in was nice . The problem came later. We returned from dinner and there was a bad storm. It was raining real hard with lots of thunder and lightening. When my husband tried to unkock our door it would not open. The manangement had left for the evening and the phone number for emergenies was not answered. We tried sitting in the 'Sitting Room" at the Main House. Because of the storm the television would not work and the VHS Movies were old. Long story short, we were locked out until about 11:00pm. Then the man that operated the mansion accused my husband of breaking the lock. After the locksmith left, He told my husband "well it was not your fault, the tumbler inside the lock broke because it was old." That was his apology I guess. He
did not apologize to us for being locked out of our room most of the night, He did not apologize for his accusations. The next AM at check out I tried to speak to him and he responded by saying "this is my morning off and I am off to do some horse back riding so talk to my wife."
I did not even try to talk to the wife. I was very upset and disappointed . We just got in our car and left. We found another B&B in the area and stayed there. We have been back to Salado several times. It is "our romance spot" in this big old world.
But we do not stay at the Rose Mansion. I hope the service and hospitaltily have improved with the years.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salado
Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton
Inn on the Creek
#1 of 12 in Salado
Yellow House Bed and Breakfast
Stagecoach Inn Motel & Conference Center

Been to Rose Mansion? Share your experiences!