Rose Mansion
Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton(Salado)(Great Value!)
$85
$65
$58
$56
  • Breakfast included
$50
River Forest Inn(Belton)(Great Value!)
$70
$77
$64
Studio 7 Harker Heights(Harker Heights)
$56
$107
HolidayInn.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe main housethe inn keeperupstairs loftsummer kitchenbaked cookiesmy favoriteb b'swonderful bed and breakfasta great place to staywonderful weekendeach morningkaycabinhostesshistorygroundsalamo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This bed and breakfast offers several unique cottages and rooms. It's a quite setting with a beautiful garden and old oak trees to sit under and enjoy the view. The host is very accommendating. It is several blocks from down town Saledo so unless you are a walker, you will need to drive to go to the historical down town.

Room Tip: Cottages offer more privacy
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tjsloopy
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Staying in an authentic log cabin on the grounds of Rose Mansion in Salado was a peaceful and enriching experience. The vividness of the stars, the deer coming close at night,, the convenience of the location to the town, the hospitality of the innkeeper, and the quality of the breakfast made this an ideal getaway. We stayed in the Garrison cabin which was about 150 years old and reeked of history. I highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: The Garrison cabin has two Queen beds. One is up in a lovely loft. So it could sleep four people.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank judith966
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We just returned from a wonderfully relaxing weekend at the Rose Mansion in Salado. We stayed at the Austin Cabin in the Alamo Room. We found it to be clean and most inviting & comfortable. Breakfast in the mansion was delicious and we even brought home recipies to recreate our special weekend. For a quiet, secluded get-away in beautiful Central Texas, we highly recommend the Rose Mansion Inn B & B!!!

Room Tip: If you like rustic cabins & seclusion - stay in one of the outer buildings offered on the property. The rooms in the main house are lovely, too.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy F
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I was so dissapointed with the whole experience.

First of all, the outside is not as nice as the picture. This place is old, old, old and run down. The other houses on the same circle drive are cute and kept up. Not this one.

My room was sally's suite with two beds. I slept on the small one. The cover had a big rip on it.... very obvious couldn't be missed...so they knew about it and left it.

second the wallpaper is old and has a variety of places that are ripped and splitting. One shade was ripped as well. The small bed was just a cheap cheap mattress I could feel the springs all night long. The other bed was not much better. The whole room felt musty. One window to the outside was cracked and fixed with tape.

The bathtub (uggh) Not sure what the thought there was, but I would never take a bath, it looks so dirty. So I showered. (no shampoo was offered so I could not wash my hair.)

Then when you go to get out of it, the tub is up on a 6 inch platform so I just about fell out of the tub trying to get out. Not safe for any older woman and I am 50.

The rug on the stairs going up to the room was ripped up bad. The carpet in the sumroon had food crumbs all over it and that was in the mornign before breakfast.

breakfast was a joke. bisquits, and rolls both came from a pop can as far as I could tell and then their were eggs done like a quiche and fresh strawberries. Ive stayed at so many bed and breakfast and never got served such a small cheap meal unless I was told ahead of time it would be continental.

I should have read the other reviews and believed the longer ones. I think the shorter ones are fake. This is NOT a nice place, Not a clean place.

I was told that it is owned by the same people who own the STagecoach inn, the only so called nice restuarant in town. That is old and run down as well. I did have a great mexican meal there though.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank tlouiselilly
Reviewed December 12, 2010

When I reserved the Travelers Room at the Rose Mansion for the Christmas Stroll for myself and my bf I was told the room had steep stairs. I asked Donna if 60 yr old women could get up them and she said "yes" with no problems. We get there and the room was on the outside of the inn. The stairs were so steep we could barely get up them. I am 55 and my friend is 60 and we are both healthy (I have two flights of stairs in my own 2 story home & have no trouble getting up/down). The stairs weren't even as deep as your foot is long (size 5) and we had to go up/down the stairs sideways. There is only a small rail halfway up and you have to wing-it the rest of the way (hit my head on the roof first time I went up). The room was very, very small..not at all what the photo on their website gives the impression of. The door (to the outside) had cracks in it. You could see the outside light not only around the door frame on the wall but also thru the door. There was a man named as owner so I assumed we could get him to take our luggage up/down but there was no man present. We also assumed it was a hosted B&B since it was so big but there was nobody there to give us a flashlight, extra blankets, etc. or answer anybody's questions. There was also no TV in our room & only a very small one in the sunroom. We could hear EVERY word the ladies' in the next room said & am sure they could hear every word we said. It was like they were in the room with us. Because a cold front was supposed to come in our second night and be very, very windy and cold (wind chills in the teens) we had to leave early because we knew the wind would come straight thru the door. We could not come and go as we pleased because it was so very difficult to get up/down the stairs and we were afraid we would fall. There were no other rooms available in the town or we would have left immediately upon arrival. I left a message when we decided to leave and told the owner why we were leaving. She never apologized and we still had to pay for our second night even though we weren't even there. There were two other women in another room and they were very disappointed also. I would never stay at this B&B again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends