“Wedding night noise not made by us......” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton

Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Salado
Temple TX
“Wedding night noise not made by us......”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2009

I went into this hotel, the day before I was to be married, thinking it'd be nice to stay at at a local hotel for our wedding night. I let Debbie, the Director of Sales, know that we wanted a quiet room for our wedding night. I did make this very clear about the quiet. I was shown room 221 which was a double queen that was a bit bigger than the regular rooms because of the geometry of the building. I was assured that it was very quiet.
We checked in as early as posiible the next day, something that I had also discussed with Debbie. She had assured me that if the room was ready we could get it before 3PM. The young woman at the desk flat-out said that it wasn't ready until 3PM and was very rude. I actually had to explain to her that she should pick up the radio and actually check with housekeeping, which she did with great reluctance and made no attempt to hide her irritation. We didn't mind waiting so much as the rudeness shown to us.
Then came what we thought could be nothing other than a miniature horse race outside our door. We still don't know what that noise was about. We do know what the other noise was, and that was the housekeeping staff using the wall opposite our headboard to park every wheeled thing they had: Cleaning carts, laundry hampers, and trashcans were rolled across the hard ceramic tiles and not one of them had rubber wheels. We could also hear the elevator bell ring throughout the night, along with every drunk staying on the second floor that night.
Should we have expected noise during the day? Yes, there would be noise from housekeeping, but not to this extent, and especially not when I specifically asked for a quiet room for our wedding night. I did go to the front desk to complain but was told they were all booked up. What this tells me is that they gave us the worst room they had, while telling me it was their best. They should have had the integrity to say they only had the lousy room available, then we could have found a quiet room elsewhere.
I spoke to their manager, a Sunny Sayani, the next day, and he was only willing to refund 20%, which would have brought the room down to the internet rate. Twenty-five bucks just isn't enough to keep us quiet. In fact it was just insulting. This is just one more hotel that has gone down in customer service and care. And once they have your money they want to hear no more from you. You can keep the 25 bucks Sunny, and we'll keep telling others about our stay there.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TempleTXLlama
HIEManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton, responded to this review, January 7, 2011
Clearly we were not performing at our usually high standards that day, and for that I sincerely apologize. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our staff and management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Fort Worth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2009

Everything was perfect for our stay. This hotel is very clean and well kept. I was amazed by the size of the lobby and breakfast area. They make it very comfortable. We did experience one problem unlocking our door, but I figured out that if you pull up on the handle that it reset itself. After that I had no problems unlocking the door. The hotel was sold out on our second night there, so there were long lines of people trying to check in. We did not experience this on the night that we checked in. It was quick and easy to finish the process. I was also amazed at how well insulated the building is. It was 25 F outside, but we had to turn on our A/C because our room was too warm. We really liked that the room had a refrigerator and microwave. The WIFI worked in the room and the lobby. It appeared that they had several networks so that I had good signal strength from wherever I was in the hotel. It was too cold to go to the pool, but I noticed that there was a lot of space around the pool. Just like the lobby and breakfast area, they really wanted to offer open spaces. The workout area had 3 items: treadmill, bicycle, and elliptical.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
San Antonio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2009

Came to Hotel for a local dog show in the area. I was told on the phone that there was a $50.00 pet fee. (non_refundable) which I thought ok since I dont have a choice because all the hotels in the area were booked. When I arrived at the Hotel, there was another guest trying to get her check out time extended an additional hour and the manager was so ugly and rude to her and JUST DID NOT WANT TO HELP HER AT ALL. I guess I should have taken this into consideration when I asked the clerk upon check out why they had charged me another 50.00 pet fee on my bill. It cost me an extra $100.00 dollars to stay at this hotel with my dogs. I asked the clerk again to go to my room and look at the room so that they could see that it was in perfect order and the only things that needed to be done were vaccuuming and washing the bed linens. Which I know is all that would be done to this room. The clerk kept telling me that I needed to check the web page for pet policies, well guess what I didnt have a computer so how on earth could I check the pet policy......... I wont be staying here again, and the Manager is not a nice guy and his staff needs alot of training in customer service. And I was also told that this hotel was in viewing distance from Bell County Expo center, which it is not, the Expo center was about 5-7 minutes away.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank AliviaM
dallas, texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2009

I made Advance Purchase reservations through the Holiday Inn Express website for three rooms for the October 16th weekend. This offered a special savings, but required full prepayment at the time of booking, fully non-refundable charge of $770.66.

The Salado Holiday Inn Express however, charged me an additional $20 per room, per night , plus some additional fee for an additional $124.30. When trying reverse this charge, the hotel and the Holiday Inn Express customer service department shift blame back and forth. I'm in the 5th day of trying to sort out, and ready to contact my credit card company.

Rooms were clean, but staff very unfriendly.

BUYER BEWARE!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank traveladvisor27
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2009

My husband and I really enjoyed this hotel. The rooms seemed slightly larger and were clean, quiet, and nicely appointed. The breakfast buffet consisted of scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, bagels, cinnamon rolls, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, coffee, tea, milk, etc. The WIFI worked great. There was a problem with our door lock, but with the help of the desk clerk and maintenance, it was quickly resolved. The front desk is sometimes left uncovered, which delayed us both checking in and checking out; however, the staff was friendly and helpful otherwise. The location was great for shopping and the restaurants (particulaly the Stagecoach Inn) on Salado's main street, which was a very short drive away.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
businessbooker3
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2009

I booked this hotel for one of my traveling colleges. Upon booking I requested a receipt upon check out for our company credit card. 2 weeks after their check out date I called to request the receipt. I was told it would be faxed over to me. 3 hours later I still had not received the receipt. I called again and was told that they had other things to worry about as far as checking their guests in and that they would get to it. 2 days later I still had not received the fax. Upon calling the front desk and speaking to the woman regarding this, she began to argue with me about the fact that she had sent it. I explained that I had not received it and that I need a hard copy, she continued to argue with me and said that she would send it again. I worked in customer service for 5 years prior to the job that I have now and would have never spoken to a guest the way I was spoken to. I will not be reserving this hotel for any other traveling colleges due to the rude front desk receptionist and the lack of customer service skills.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Arlington, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2009

The rate for the room we had was very good. It was a suite that had 2 rooms and had lots of space. A lot of the local bed and breakfasts don't allow children so we selected to stay here for our shopping adventure. They had good consistant service and amenities that compare to other Holiday Inn Expresses. Although it was too cold at our time of stay, the pool area looked to be very nice. I had no complaints with this hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salado
Days Inn Salado
#7 of 24 in Temple
Hampton Inn Temple
Hampton Inn Temple
#1 of 24 in Temple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton? Share your experiences!