“Guest friendly”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Salado
Texas
“Guest friendly”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had a family reunion at this property and the staff was wonderful. From the time we started planning in March, until the last of our group checked out they made every effort to accommodate our group of 58. The rooms were clean, the breakfast room well stocked and the pool refreshing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lallywayne
EMCMarket, Front Desk/Sales & Marketing at Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. Your opinion means so much to us. We enjoyed your group staying with us, and hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Temple, Texas
Reviewed June 23, 2013

nice inn just off interstate in Salado, Tx about 400 yards of hiway so you don't hear any traffic noise. Average breakfast typical of HI inns. Very nice patio pool outside area that is shaded from the sun in afternoon. Kids will love it. Nice rooms. Great AC for the hot TX days. One problem is the noisy doors that bang shut day and nite. Large parking lot.

Room Tip: get room on interstate side to avoid hot Tx sun
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mmiller007
EMCMarket, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at HIExpress Salado. We would like to apologize for the noise level of the doors, and are looking into working to make those quieter. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in the future!
Dallas, Tx
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The room was a good size and well maintained. The bed was comfortable and quiet. Pillows are labeled as either firm or soft, but the pillows did not correspond to the labels. The WiFi is virtually unusable. At a speed of only 1 MBPS I gave up on using my tablet. The breakfast was standard fare for this type of setting. The pool is small but clean. The location offers easy access to the highway and is only 5 minutes from Main Street.

Two other complaints: my room was not cleaned, and a bill was not slipped under my door. The latter caused a delay in checking out. As for the former, I expected the hotel to reduce the rate or otherwise recompense me for the lack of service. They did not even offer an apology. Their only response was to say that they'd let housekeeping know.

Overall, the hotel is acceptable, but overpriced.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank public1
EMCMarket, Front Desk Agent at Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
We appreciate your stay with us & value you as our guest. We would liekt o apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. Our head of housekeeping was alerted, and has taken inspections of each room into her own hands. Each front desk agent has also been made aware of your checkout, so we can better accomodate you & any of our future guests. We have contacted our internet provider and are working on the connectivity and speed as best we can.
We appreciate your feedback and are taking it all into consideration to better any future stays. We sincerely hope that next time you are in Salado, TX you will consider stopping to stay with us again.
Tyler, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Very poorly trained people at the front desk. I had been incorrectly billed for the room, and after several unproductive efforts to resolve it on site, I reached out to corporate customer relations, who corrected it immediately. The room needed attention--sagging curtains, poorly patched carpet and an unusable coffee maker because the replacement carafe wasn't the correct option. I left my hanging bag by mistake, and when I called to check on it, they were too busy to talk to me. Surely Salado has better options available than this.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Cindy S
Fort Worth
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My sister and I were looking forward to a relaxing weekend of shopping and fellowship in Salado, TX. We had a confirmed reservation, held with a credit card, at the Holiday Inn Express in Salado. When we arrived at noon on May 18, we were told to return at 3 to check in. When we returned, we found that the on-duty clerks had told the occupants of the room they sold to us that they could stay another day - we were out in the cold!!

There were no other rooms in Salado or surrounding areas. We ended up driving back home to the DFW area. We were extremely disappointed in the service we did not get at this establishment. The staff was evidently not trained in how to run a hotel, or in customer service. I will not stay at a Holiday Inn Express again unless under extreme duress, and I will tell anyone who asks of my very negative experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Debra G,

Pam G
Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Front Desk person had no customer service knowledge, when ever I stopped by there was no one behind the desk. When the person did show up - it was like I was interruption something more important.

Also while viewing the TV, and referring to the TV Guide (Print-out) the station on the print out did not coincide with the available channels on the TV, so it was a manual search and there were more channels NOT available on the TV then there was available.

All - in - all... this was the worst HIE that we ever spent a night at.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear TexasDave-Carol,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I am sincerely sorry that you were not satisfied with your recent visit due to the shortcomings received in the service of our staff. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. We will use your comments to improve our efforts.

Again, thank you and my apologies for the shortcomings.

Pam G
Fort Worth TX
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is such a nice hotel, such a great little town-but the manager was genuinely uncaring over
a few hours of of extremely loud banging sounds in the middle of the night from the "washing machines" and that the toilet wouldn't flush in the morning.
I had specifically requested a quiet room-and awoke to what sounded like a bowling alley in the walls at 1 or 2 in the morning.. Called the desk and our options were to just hang in there until it quit or get up, repack our things and make the move down the hall. In the middle of the night. Sleep is a precious part of staying in a hotel but not at the top of the list for this manager.
He seemed very proud that his hotel had hot running water... I told him that was standard, even in a dumpy place.
Otherwise, Salado was a sweet place to hang out for the weekend. I would not want to be at Sonny's (the mgr) mercy again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear cuteboot,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay with. I am deeply sorry you received services and accommodations that was less than satisfactory. We are hospitality professionals and pride ourselves on delivering world class service. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Zelyn N
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salado
Days Inn Salado
Hampton Inn Temple
Hampton Inn Temple
#1 of 24 in Temple
Best Western Temple Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton? Share your experiences!