“Exceptional Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Salado
Houston, Texas
“Exceptional Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

I travel frequently and stay at this hotel as it is very nice, clean, and comfortable. I recently called the hotel directly to check availability and was asked what type of room I wanted. I said smoke free and a great air conditioner! Jennifer Marburger took my reservation and actually set the air conditioner in my room so that it would be cool when I arrived. No one has ever taken the initiative like Jennifer did! I will definitely route my business plans where I can stay at the Holiday Inn Express Salado!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Ottawa, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

I was very impressed by this hotel. It's only a few years old and you can definitely tell it's new. The lobby was beautifully decorated and the rooms were very clean and quiet. We only stayed one night so we did not use the pool. We had a view of it from our room though and it looked really nice. The staff was polite and the breakfast was good. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Waco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

The staff members were great. We had one minor problem, and within literally two minutes, the person who answered the phone, Mary, came to the room to see what the problem was, went back to the desk, and had the situation corrected. She was very professional and efficient throughout our two-day stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Wichita Falls, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

I have stayed here a couple of times in the last year and it is nice. However, the first time I stayed here the price was reasonable, but the second time it really escalated. .The first time it was $80.00 and the second it was $122.00 I am sure it was because we made our reservations the same day, but that reeks of a lack of integrity. I am a Priority Club member, but this makes me want to rethink that.

The place is very clean and beds are comfortable, breakfast is okay, front desk service was slow on checkout. Parking area was a little dark and hard to get into at night. Internet service was a little slow.

All in all a nice, clean place to stay, but it is not worth $122, but is it worth $80.00.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank lijedo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2011

I travel and stay for 13 weeks at a time and it will never be in a holiday inn express again!

• Stayed March 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank 7izzy7
Baytown, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2010

Every year my husband and I make our way to Salado on the weekend before Christmas. It is our treat to ourselves! We have an opportunity to spend time with each other, relax from the exhausting fall (hubby is a high school band director and I teach Kindergarten!), and prepare ourselves spiritually and mentally for the holidays. It is a perfect get-a-way!

I am in a wheelchair and need a room with wheelchair amenities - pull bars, roll in shower, and space for wheelchairs, walkers, luggage, etc. When we called four years ago about staying here, we were told which room would accomodate us the best. And they were correct - - our stay was wonderful. As we were checking out, the young lady suggested that we write down the room number for future use and that we call the first weekend in November to reserve our room each year. This is what we have done the last two years and this year. Our reservations are all made and we already know which room we will be in and its configuration.

This room is on the first floor close to the dining area. As far as other reviews about the "noise" -- we have never been kept awake, awaken, or been disturbed by noise. If other reviewers are so disturbed by "noise", I would suggest cotton for their ears, ear plugs, or another hotel! They are obviously not suited for this quiet, comfortable hotel!

As to the staff, we have ALWAYS found them to be overly kind, courteous, and accomodating. We always check on us as we go in and out of the hotel as to our comfort, needs in finding things in the town, and if we are in need of anything in our room. They usually call us by name and make us feel very welcome and at home.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who like a quiet place for a get-a-way. We have also started staying here during the summer when we are in the area!

Thanks to everyone for making our stay so easy and wonderful!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIEManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton, responded to this review, January 7, 2011
It is with tremendous joy that I read your most gracious remarks regarding our cherished employees, who take immense pride in pleasing our valued guests
Arlington, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

We were with a Group of golfers. Reservations made well ahead of stay. We were assured that the rooms would be available to the golfers until after the tournament so the men could shower before check out. We were locked out of our rooms and after calling the front desk were told it was "company policy" to either charge for another day or vacate the rooms at once. We had about 20+ in our group. The women had to sit in the lobby until our husbands returned from the tournament with our luggage, etc.
When the golfers returned the men had to leave with showering. This gets better & better. I left behind my cell phone charger. They promised to mail it. Waited ten days and called back. Spoke to the only civil employee we encountered during the entire stay.
Received the charger the following week only to find out they charged my acc't $29.99. Called again and was told tthat $24.30 of that charge was for "shipping & handling" by the hotel. The postage fee was $5.95. Terrible place, terrible attitude. THE ONLY EMPLOYEE WE ENCOUNTERED THAT WAS HELPFUL AND PERFORMED WAS A YOUNG WOMAN NAMED DIXIE. We would sleep in our car before we'd stay there again.

Stayed October 2010
We are sorry to hear about your inconvenience, and appreciate your comments here. We are happy that you have spoken up so that we may better our property. We will be working diligently to make your stays much more enjoyable in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salado
Days Inn Salado
#7 of 24 in Temple
Hampton Inn Temple
Hampton Inn Temple
#1 of 24 in Temple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton? Share your experiences!