StoneCreek Settlement Bed and Breakfast
Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton(Salado)(Great Value!)
$55
$58
$56
  • Breakfast included
$50
River Forest Inn(Belton)(Great Value!)
$70
$84
$77
$77
$64
Studio 7 Harker Heights(Harker Heights)
$56
$103
HolidayInn.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe cottagesone of a kindjilljeffersonweekendtubssettingfireplacecomfortdallasretreat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Salado is a sleepy little town right off I35. Having a "girls weekend getaway" was a really good choice. There are lots of shops and the traffic is sparse enough you don't feel in a hurry to find something. It was easy to park and walk in some places and the weather was wonderful. You will need to think about where you would like to have dinner as the town closes down pretty early each night. If where you're staying does not offer dinner, look around before hand and know where you are headed that evening. Salado even has a small winery where they have a local band playing. All in all it was a fun place to meet up with friends and share a couple of days!

Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank dqt7229
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Three week ago our reservation was lost and we ended up at a hotel. I was told I would be mailed a coupon for a free weekday night which I never received. A weekday night doesn't seem like adequate compensation for a botched Birthday get away.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FtWorthMly
Reviewed April 12, 2009

We stayed in the Salado Haus cottage and it was perfect. The jacuzzi tub was very relaxing and the bed was comfortable. It is easy to tell the owners put pride into the decor with all the attention to detail. I was a little worried about breakfast in the fridge but it was yummy. Enjoyed walking around the grounds and viewing the gardens. We are already making plans to return.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2008

We saw other reviews on here and decided to try to book a cottage in Salado for a nice little stay. This was our second choice, when our first choice was booked up. We were glad it worked out for us to stay here, because it was just perfect.

There are a number of cottages at this B&B and they all looked pretty lovely. We stayed in the "Salado Haus" and it was just great. Before we left, we took a tour of the other cottages. Given our choice, we would probably take this one again as our first pick, although all of them were nice.

This B&B is located at the southern end of Salado, approx. 1/2 mile from the rest of the town. It is probably too far to walk into town (and there is no sidewalk to get there), but it is an easy little drive. The property has nice grounds that are manicured, with a slightly "wild" touch to them. The cottages are what really make this a nice place to stay. Each of them are furnished in a general theme, and they all have the basic necessities.

You get breakfast in your room (left in your refrigerator the day you check in). I was a little uncertain about how good the food would be since it was basically sitting in the refrigerator for a day before you eat it. However, it was truly delicious.

The only "con" I could think of: the TV in the room only got a couple of stations, and, then, the reception was not very good. No big deal, except I happened to be there on Final Four weekend and wanted to watch the games that night!

This is the place we will stay again when we go back to Salado. It was an excellent choice.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed November 30, 2007

I found this B&B in the Salado Tourist Guide that I picked up in Georgetown, after traveling to Austin on a business trip. When I called to see if there was a room available, I spoke with Kay. She was so sweet & kind over the phone, I immediately wanted to check out the place. I looked in all the cottages, but I knew I wanted to stay at StoneCreek as soon as I arrived on the property. This B&B is just awesome. Each cottage is uniquely finished out (inside and outside). They have big Juzzui tubs in most of the cottages. This is a MUST stay location for everyone. Two months later I returned and stayed three nights. My goal is to stay in each cottage. Then I'll start all over with the cottages! I am telling all my friends about this B&B because I know you could not find a better place to stay in the area. Wait until you taste the breakfasts....EXCELLENT!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo