“Excellent Dining Experience”

The Range
Ranked #7 of 35 Restaurants in Salado
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The Range is an Elegant eatery offering some of the finest dining in Texas. Utilizing fresh local ingredients. Our culinary team creates and serves delicious, adventurous food. Attention to detail is the cornerstone of our service and food quality. Allow our team to welcome you as our guest.
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Upon entry we noticed that something was different about this restaurant that I never gave a second thought to before. Everyone was SMILING. We were greeted by the hostess who showed us to our table and our server told us about the specials. I had the sea bass and my fiance had the filet. Both dishes were outstanding and we agreed that the filet was the best we've had in a very long time. For dessert we shared the heavenly creme brule. The service was attentive and our dishes were cleared after every course (my biggest pet peeve is not to have my dish cleared when I am finished). It was an unforgettable dining experience and I can't wait to drive back through so we can stop in again!

Reviewed January 31, 2011

The first time I had ever dined with The Range was in December of last year, during on of their busiest times of year. Not only do they have dining in their restaurant, but they also do full service catering. The entire staff was delightful and attended to our every need, food was delicious, and the environment was very inviting. I actually met with Chef Carson Symmonds after our meal. He is incredibly passionate about what he does and I believe that he will continue to do great things with the restaurant.

I went back to The Range on a Tuesday evening and enjoyed a special prefixed meal that they offer. I had a side portion of a spinach salad, thin sliced filet of beef served with fresh vegetables and crispy potatoes, and a gladd of their house wine for 14.95!! A steal, I know. It was worth every penny and absolutely delcious! So even if you are looking to save some money you can eat fine cuisine for an affordable cost.

Reviewed December 7, 2010

This seemed to be the nicest restaruant in a small town with not much in terms of choices for a sit down dinner. I had the filet and it was the best I have ever had. They did not provide a steak knife because I didin't need it. The meat was incredibly tender and cooked to perfection. It was served with au gratin potatos that were fabulous. The service was excellent. We went back to eat there the next night and I had the salmon. Also cooked to perfection. The servers were friendly and attentive but not overbearing. The creme brulee was out of this world. I can't wait to go back to Salado just so I can eat at this terrific restaurant.

Reviewed September 28, 2010

Couples weekend. All of us had a wonderful dinner - great flavor, nice portions, excellent service.

Reviewed July 1, 2010

Good quail.
Scenic environment
Lackluster service
Very small beef and shrimp portions in the surf and turf.