“What an amazing night”
Review of The Range

The Range
Ranked #7 of 34 Restaurants in Salado
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Range is an Elegant eatery offering some of the finest dining in Texas. Utilizing fresh local ingredients. Our culinary team creates and serves delicious, adventurous food. Attention to detail is the cornerstone of our service and food quality. Allow our team to welcome you as our guest.
Temple, Texas
“What an amazing night”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

What can I say? The night we went to The Range was by far one of our best experiences in a restaurant. Service was excellent! Stephen was our waiter that night and he was so professional and very informative about the restaurant as well. Food was great! My sea bass was cooked to satisfaction. I would highly recommend this place for anyone driving by.

• Visited July 2014
Dave H, Owner at The Range, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Hi Eddaayyy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled you had such an amazing night at The Range. I will be certain to share your feedback with our team and Stephen especially. Thank you for the super high praise!! We look forward to serving you again soon.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Will never go back”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Service was not good. When we walked in, no one was there as a host/hostess. We waited and finally someone came out of the back and seemed a bit shocked to see us. It was 6:00 AND we had a reservation! It was way too hot in the building and everyone we encountered was a bit 'awkward'... We wanted to stay for the entertainment (which was advertised to start at 7:00) but when we asked about it, they said it wouldn't start before 8:30 or 9:00. Prices were too high and there were not many choices on the menu.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Billie B
Dave H, Owner at The Range, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Billie B,
I am so sorry to learn of your less than exceptional experience with The Range. I am happy to learn however that you had a great time in Salado at some of Salado's establishments. I have taken your comments to our team to utilize as a learning tool. We never want our guests to feel as though they have to wait for anything, or feel anything awkward. We have gone over your review with our entire crew and will certainly work diligently to improve our performance. I would like to thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us your review so that we may improve our quality and service.
Dallas, Texas
“Best of Salado”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

You will definately get what you pay for here. Unlike many "fancy/pretty" food restaurants., this one offers large well prepared meals. My Ribeye steak was outstanding. Angelo the waiter was so good, and helped us really savor the whole experience. BTW, if you drink the creative bar specials are great. A+++++++++++++

Visited May 2014
“Fabulous Experience”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I have passed through town several times by day and always wanted to experience dinner at The Range. Finally, DH and I made a trip to Salado to see the bluebonnets and were lucky to get a fabulous table (#1) in the corner. From the moment we entered this gorgeous old building, the staff were warm and friendly and went out of their way to accommodate us.

We began our dining experience upstairs in the lounge. So comfortable and had it been a Sat evening, we would have had entertainment. Bar staff just great!

Our dinner was stunning, DH ordered the salmon and said it was one of the best he has had and the potatoes were sooo good. I ordered the grilled pork tenderloin and it was a portion for a big appetite. The pork had a warm berry topping and served with a delish corn soufflé side and garden veggies. Presentation was beautiful and I wish I could have taken a doggy bag!

We were so fortunate to meet Chef Dave, the owner of The Range, and he was kind enough to give us the amazing history of this circa 1800s home. I wish this restaurant would be closer to Dallas!!!

Thank you, Chef Dave, and your amazing staff for such a lovely evening!!

• Visited April 2014
Dave H, Owner at The Range, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear BiffishLittlefish,
Thank you for your kind words and praise here on Trip Advisor. Your review is very much appreciated. More importantly we are thrilled that you had such a great experience here at The Range. We certainly look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Harker Heights, Texas
“Not worth it!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Our first experience with The Range was bad ... we made a reservation for our anniversary only to get to the restaurant and it was closed! Their online reservation system is horrible. After notifying the restaurant of this mistake, we received a complimentary meal gift certificate, so we though we would give them another chance ... From the initial greeting by the hostess our experience was terrible. We had a 7:30 confirmed reservation, when we arrived, we were told our table was being prepared and to have a seat, so we did. Several other couples and larger groups came in. The other couples that came in all stated they had 7:30 reservations. All were seated immediately, as were the larger groups. A patron came down from the upstairs lounge and indicated he had a 7:15 reservation and the hostess told him it would be a few more minutes, so he went back upstairs! We were confused as to why others with later reservation times got seated before he did. We again gave our name to the hostess and she looked at her chart and seated us, it was as if she did not remember we had already checked in! This was about 25 minutes after our reservation time. The area that we were seated in downstairs, had 3 empty tables, not including the one we were seated at! I am totally baffled as to why we had to wait so long for our table and be seated way after our reservation time. My husband and I both ordered off of the Valentine's Day menu which had been carried over from the night before. Food was mediocre - nothing spectacular and definitely not worth the price. While eating, someone upstairs knocked over a barrel of wine, so we got the lovely experience of seeing wine pour down from the ceiling all over the floor. At first we thought a pipe had broken - it was loud and very messy. My husband had steak and asked for it to be prepared medium - it was definitely rare and very bloody. I had the crab cakes and they were mediocre. The potato/corn dish that it was served with was cold and seemed like it came out of a freezer bag. The dessert was okay - creme brule - my husband had a chocolate cheesecake and took 2 bites and that was it - very bad. The crust tasted like burnt cookies. All in all, this was just a very poor, and very disappointing dining experience. Definitely not worth the price. We are very laid back people and not picky eaters - we enjoy food and like to try new dining experiences. We would have had a better meal at a chain restaurant. Bottom line, don't waste your money. Head to Austin if you want something really great.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank pmfoodie66
Dave H, Owner at The Range, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear pmfoodie66,
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. We value and appreciate feedback as it helps us to improve. I appreciate the fact that you acknowledged our effort to overcome an online reservation issue. I am truly saddened that you didn't enjoy your experience. We will continue striving to provide exceptional food and service in our historic location.
Dave Hermann

Been to The Range? Share your experiences!