“Amazing experience”

The Range
Ranked #8 of 35 Restaurants in Salado
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The Range is an Elegant eatery offering some of the finest dining in Texas. Utilizing fresh local ingredients. Our culinary team creates and serves delicious, adventurous food. Attention to detail is the cornerstone of our service and food quality. Allow our team to welcome you as our guest.
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Went for a four year anniversary and from reservation to dinner it was a awesome time. Great food in a charming, historical environment. After an awesome meal we asked about the history and was offered a tour around the home with a knowledgable guide. I recommend fully!

1  Thank William D
dave_therange, Owner at The Range, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Trey,
We are thrilled that you had such an amazing experience at The Range. We very much appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review on Trip Advisor. I am especially proud of our team for taking time to tour you around the historic building. Thanks again and we will look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I absolutely love the range. it's the only place in the area that my husband and I reserve for ourselves. I don't even know if they have a kids' menu but it has just never felt to me like a place where kids would be comfortable. it is such a lovely, quiet place with a very adult menu; we go there a few times a year, just us, and the food & ambience are always wonderful!

dave_therange, Owner at The Range, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review on TripAdvisor. We very much appreciate the kind words and feedback. We definitely do indeed offer children selections and have a separate menu available for children. With that said, we are thrilled you have found a comfortable place to enjoy your "grown-ups' evening out". That is fantastic and we will look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I expected much better for the price! The food was not hot and didn't taste fresh, not sure if it wasn't microwaved to warm it.

2  Thank kathleen w
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The service, The presentation, The delicious food - all perfectly set for a wonderful evening. Service was attentive, professional and sprinked with southern charm. Each course was described and presented with falir and meeting Chef William was the perfect ending to a wonderful meal. Be sure to ask those working about their personal ghost stories - FASCINATING and FUN!!

dave_therange, Owner at The Range, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Terre143,

We are thrilled that you had such a wonderful time dining with us at The Range. We appreciate you taking the time out to leave us your feedback on TripAdvisor. I will be certain to share your comments with our team. We will look forward to serving you again in the future and we will be sure to tour you throughout the historic property.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were having dinner here one night and just before dessert my fiance proposed to me. I cried and said yes, the excited staff brought us champagne, it was a beautiful evening! The food was great, we know the owner and he is a super person and the staff are all amazing. Try it out when you are in town!

Hi Tricia,
Fantastic! Thank you for sharing your proposal story here on TripAdvisor. I am happy to know that our staff shared in your excitement and brought out Champagne to celebrate. Thank you again for your kind words, we will certainly look forward to serving you and your fiance again in the near future.
Dave Hermann

Been to The Range? Share your experiences!