“Love it”

The Range
Ranked #8 of 35 Restaurants in Salado
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The Range is an Elegant eatery offering some of the finest dining in Texas. Utilizing fresh local ingredients. Our culinary team creates and serves delicious, adventurous food. Attention to detail is the cornerstone of our service and food quality. Allow our team to welcome you as our guest.
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Love that it isan old house and love that it has quality food at fairly reasonable prices.

dave_therange, Owner at The Range, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Hi Kathy,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us an online review. We appreciate that you love the old house. We strive to maintain its historical integrity and provide a great dining experience. We love to know that folks appreciate the unique historical setting, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future. Be sure to check our website regularly for upcoming events, specials and feature evenings such as our Tuesday night Prix Fix upcoming Tequila tasting, et cetera.
Thanks again, Dave

Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

My mother, my sister and I came here for a Mother's Day brunch. It was absolutely wonderful! My mother had seared antelope with polenta and au jous and I think some sort of cherry reduction. Really good. My sister and I both had herbed crepes with lobster. Dessert was panna cotta with a citrus kind of topping with grand marnier. I can't wait to go back and show this place to friends! The historic home is decorated beautifully.

Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Dear Spoonwood214,
Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to leave feedback for us. We truly appreciate the public praise. We are delighted to know that you, your sister and your mother had a wonderful time with us at The Range for such a special occasion. We continually strive to bring fresh, exciting, innovative and delicious food to the table in Salado and our surrounding communities. Thank you again and we will look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Respectfully,
Dave Hermann

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Interesting place to visit. I stopped in after passing this place several times and wanted to see what it was like. The building is old, I believe it was owned by one of the first Doctors in this area and the food was great. Portions were small, but I enjoyed it completely. Get there early, that place seems to fill up quick, but they do have seating outside if you're so inclined........

Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Derek,
Thanks for dropping in and joining us at The Range. We are thrilled you enjoyed your meal and the atmosphere at The Range. You are absolutely correct. The Barton House was built by pioneer physician Dr. Welborn Barton in 1866, and the home transformed into a restaurant in May of 1997. We will certainly look forward to serving you again as you pass through.
All the Best, Dave

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Everything my wife and I ate ad was excellent. As soon as we sat down, the waitress brought us a glass of proseco to celebrate our anniversary followed by a handmade pizza appetizer. One of the best pizza's I've ever had. I'd come back just for the pizza. when finished with pizza appetizer, our entree's arrived- wife had beef filet with mushroom sauce that was excellent. my hanger steak with poblano cream sauce was very good. both were cooked just the way we ordered.
The Range has very good food in a nice relaxed atmosphere... Pretty small so make reservations.

Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

David,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on Trip Advisor, we appreciate it. We are pleased you had the opportunity to celebrate your anniversary with us and our team at The Range. We will certainly look forward to serving you again in the near future.
All the Best, Dave

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Wonderful evening, great staff and devine food....

dave_therange, Owner at The Range, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Rebecca,
We are so glad to know you had a wonderful evening. Thank you for taking the time to leave us positive feedback on Trip Advisor. We will look forward to serving you again soon.

Been to The Range? Share your experiences!