“Watch the prices, slight of hand!”
Review of The Salado Patio

The Salado Patio
Ranked #19 of 35 Restaurants in Salado
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: TexMex Restaurant with American offerings. Full Bar. Free delivery to hotels/Bed and Breakfast during non busy hours. Dine in or order to go. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner served.
Reviewed June 18, 2014

A small group of us met here & had lunch. The chips, salsa and tea were very good. I ordered the daily special which was posted on a board, on the table and out front. It was a chile relleno with rice, beans and drink included for 9.75. The food was ok, not as good as the chips and salsa. Relleno was slightly overdone. When the check came it had a total of $14.85 on it. I captured the waitresses attention and pointed out I had the special & the bill was wrong. She said since I did not have salsa verde or riojas on the relleno it was not included in the special! Hello, no one ever told me this! She named off several sauces, I picked the queso one & that was that. And how in the world can the dinner be up charged from 9.75 to 14.75 because of the sauces???? Quite a steep charge for the couple tablespoons of queso on it! She charged me for the tea also which was to be included on special. It was her responsibility to tell me that special only came with certain of their precious sauces! So beware! I left thoroughly disgusted & will not be returning though I live close to this joint.

1  Thank KATHY S
patiolady, Owner at The Salado Patio, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2015

We have revised our specials now and only have 2 specials that have sauces (to avoid confusion in the future). We also no longer include drinks in the specials to avoid confusion in the future). We have our daily specials posted in 3 places (as when we did at the time of this review) : 1. the blackboard right by the front door, 2: the black board inside and 3: on every single table. The specials all clearly say that they include the ranchero or salsa verde sauce. Even with the special marked several places, when someone asks for queso on their enchiladas it is no longer the special, thus your charge for your drink. Since this was so confusing to some, we will no longer put this as an option. There was "no slight of hand" intended. We actually intended to give our customers a price break, but only on the intended special, not substitutions. The ranchero and salsa verde are sauces that are much less expensive to make and that is why we can afford to "mark them down" as a special, however, cheese is much more expensive and we cannot offer it at the same price.

Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We ate at this place twice on our short stay in Salado and got mixed results. The enchiladas were pretty good and hot sauce better - excellent chips. Service was also very good . Thought we'd try the hamburger- not a good idea . Presentation was great , but the meat had a whang to it . Didn't eat most of it . Something was definitely wrong . I will skip the burgers here , but might try mexican food here again.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

The restaurant was easy to find off Main Street. The food was delicious, hot, and didn't take long to arrive at our table. The service was also very attentive.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Ann and I try the food at Salado Patio every time we are in town and the food and service is good. Not fancy but serves a great Mexican meal for a good price. Just off main street and has just the right mix of food and service to keep a tourist or local full.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stopped at this place for lunch on a Saturday. The interior is brightly painted and cheery. No cushioning on the benches in the booths. There is some cushioning on the chairs at the tables. It has a typical texmex menu. We were told to seat ourselves anywhere as this time was not particularly busy for them. The waitress brought chips and salsa after we sat down. The salsa was very good, and the chips were fresh. I got the fish tacos with crispy corn tortillas, ginger mango habanero salsa, lettuce, avocado, and pico. It came with rice and my choice of beans. First of all, the mango salsa was much too sweet for me, and I couldn't taste the ginger or habanero. Also, the taco was very wet so it made the tortilla soggy before I could take a bite. Service was good, but, again, it was not a busy time. The restaurant did start to fill as we left. All in all, nothing impressive with this visit. I do plan on trying breakfast here.

Been to The Salado Patio? Share your experiences!