“An Amazing Easter Experience at the Stagecoach Inn Dining Room!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Stagecoach Inn

Stagecoach Inn
Ranked #22 of 34 Restaurants in Salado
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The historic dining room at the Salado Stagecoach Inn has been open and operating since 1861. Come visit and dine at the "Oldest Restaurant in the State of Texas"! We feature delicious dishes that can only be complimented with our famous "Strawberry Kiss" and yummy hush puppies. We look forward to serving you!
Leander, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An Amazing Easter Experience at the Stagecoach Inn Dining Room!!!!!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My family and I have been enjoying our visits to the Stagecoach Inn Dining Room for several years. We love bringing distant relatives here every Easter. The atmosphere is great and the food is always amazing!!!!
We call in our Easter reservations several months in advance because we know they fill up fast at the last minute. This year our reservation was right at 2:00. We walked in and was greeted with a smile.
My wife and I along with other of our family members ordered the prime rib. It was cooked to perfection!!!!!!!
Thank you Stagecoach Inn for another amazing year!!!!!

This is in response to a post I read from Cindy D. It irritates me when people slam restaurants on holidays. Instead of being at home spending Easter with their families, these hard working waitresses choose to serve you. We should all appreciate that they are there to serve us and our families.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank BlancoBB

Austin, Texas
“Easter dinner nightmare”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Horrible service and food. Too bad!! We used to come here every Easter but never again. Never mind making reservations since they don't honor them. We had 2:00 reservations (apparently like everyone else) and they kept putting us off for bigger parties (we were a party of 3). By the time we ordered, they were out of everything and had three crappy selections to choose from. Table was dirty when we finally got seated. Out of clean dishes. Shrimp cocktail had 2 tiny shrimp (seriously??). Lamb tasted horrible, but then I came wanting prime rib and were so frustrated anything served would've left a bad taste. You'd think they'd staff more than three waitresses on their biggest day of the year. Rooms of empty tables where everyone could've at least been seated. One banana fritter had a cherry and mine had a stain where a cherry used to be. A lot of very unhappy faces. I couldn't believe they actually charged us for all three meals. Had to ask for stuff we knew came with (like coffee). Just awful and what a pity!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Cindy D
Texas
“Over Rated and Over Charged”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We were in town for the Wine and Art Festival, and since we were staying at the Stagecoach Hotel, they would only recommend their own restaurant. They did not offer any menus or phone numbers to call around town. We thought it might be quaint, so we decided to check out this "historical" Inn turned restaurant. All of their menu items are $19 and higher, and nothing is worth what they charge. Who ever heard of a chicken fried steak dinner for $19? The menu was not very impressive, and the food even less so! Don't be ripped off. They may serve wine as well, but if you think the dinner menu is expensive, don't even bother with the wine list! I will never go back. It's a tourist trap!

Marble Falls, Texas
“Overpriced and Disappointing”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a Sunday lunch and we stopped, thinking this would be a charming, historic place, and with the ambiance the food should be excellent......wrong, we only wanted lunch,... no menu, just 4-5 choices, starting at $21, being polite we stayed, thinking for that price it should be Epic.... food was OK to poor, service was very sub-standard and the atmosphere was not very inviting, didn't seem "historic", chicken fried steak was pretty good but prime rib was not and fatty, the rest of the food was strange and al in all we felt ripped -off by this place, so be prepared for a disappointment!

San Marcos, Texas
“Still has a great restaurant!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My husband and I stopped in today for lunch. I was glad nothing seemed to have changed. He had chicken fried steak, which he said was good; I had a chicken salad plate which was a little sparse but still good. The wait staff was excellent. Dessert was also good.

1 Thank NancyS2

Been to Stagecoach Inn? Share your experiences!