“Great Expereince”

Salado Glassworks
Ranked #1 of 15 Shopping in Salado
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Salado Glassworks is a glassblowing studio and gallery that specializes in custom hand blown glass. There's always a seat by the fire for you to witness owner and artist Gail Allard shape art installations, sculptures, signature vessels or custom lighting options. The gallery also features custom hand blown glass drinkware, gifts and decor. Family friendly "Blow Your Own" events offer the chance experience and interact with the art of glassblowing firsthand. We look forward to seeing you in the shop!
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Back in college at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, I took a glass blowing class with Gail, and it was a great experience. Gail taught all the techniques and guided me through the process by which I was able to create the pieces of glass art that I was originally intending to.

Over the period of the semester long class, I improved regularly. Besides learning about techniques in glass blowing, I learned the history of it and am now fascinated by it greatly. Having previously lived in Seattle for a few years, and because of Gail, I always check out glass art whenever I get the chance.

Go check out Salado Glassworks in Salado, TX the next time you are driving down I 35 between Austin and Waco. You will be very impressed!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Salado Glassworks is not only a great place to shop, but a place where Gail shares his craft. I had the pleasure of making pumpkins and can hardly wait to make Christmas ornaments. Unique and fun!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We can last year and made our own Christmas ornaments! The staff was great!! Everyone in our group did different colors to see what would look the best and to be honest they all turned out GREAT!!! Loved how they treated us like family. We will totally be making this a family tradition every year. Keep up the great works of art. Well worth the 3hr drive from our home to make this a memorable family experience!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Great place to go and start a family tradition! This will be our third year to blow our Christmas ornaments. This year the grandparents will be joining us! The ornaments are always beautiful.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Salado Glassworks is a great place for the entire family. If you get a reservation for one of the "blow your own" events you will have a blast!. The studio is set up where you can really see what the artists are creating . The staff members are very knowledgeable and create a very fun experience for everyone. For all the men that do not want to walk the town and shop......bring a six pack and hang out.