“Turned away” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alexander's Distillery

Alexander's Distillery
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Salado
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Alexander's overlooks one of the most beautiful sections of Salado Creek. It features an upscale and intimate bar on the 3rd floor that opens onto a veranda with an artisan glass surround. Dining & beverage service is available on all three floors, as well as the 1st floor covered creekside porch. Alexander's offers a variety of appetizers, salads, entrees, & desserts.
Salado, Texas
“Turned away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I USED to frequent Inn on the Creek to visit Alexander's. I am resident of Salado and every time I have a friend come visit I take them here. Last night I was literally TURNED AWAY at the door because I showed up ten minutes before closing. Yes. I understand that we showed up ten mintues before closing. However, they were still open and I just wanted to show my friend whom had traveled a long way and was only there for one night a fun place to go with, "Friendly staff." Those were my words right before we walked in the door. We wanted one drink and that was it. We rushed down there, excited to have the few minutes we had and instead of being welcomed in WHILE THEY WERE OPEN! We were turned away instead. I am disappointed. I have recommend several of my friends here for weddings, events and LARGE dinner parties. I will now refer all of my business to other venues in Salado. I was let down and disappointed to realize that I was not a valued customer, just a burden to your business.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Amber S

Texas
“The secrets out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

We were guests at the adjoining inn and started out with the intentions of just having a drink and appetizers. Several hours and numerous appetizers and martinis later, we were full and left for the inn

The next night we returned for dinner. The food was amazing, not just good, but amazing. I had several courses because I couldn't decide on what I wanted. The prices were very reasonable and presented better than a high end steak house here in Dallas.

Whatever they're doing, it sure is right! I look forward to returning soon.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank TexasGal-02
Kaufman, Texas
“Great steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Worth the walk up the stairs. Steaks are great. Good value - checked area menu's price well below other restaurants and the food was casual atmosphere with fine dinning quality. Highly recommend.

Visited June 2012
Cross Plains, Texas
“Excellent Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Even if you don't stay at Inn on the Creek, it is worth the trip to dine here. The food and service were excellent. The dining area is beautifully decorated or you can eat on the balcony and enjoy the evening air by the creek.

Visited April 2012
Flower Mound, Texas
“Liked the balcony!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

We enjoyed sitting on the balcony on a lovely evening. There are only a few outside tables, though, and the restaurant does not take reservations. If you want a glass of red wine, upgrade yourself from the house wine.

Definitely a good value.