“Worth a Visit”
Review of Salado Creek Winery & Vineyard - CLOSED

Salado Creek Winery & Vineyard
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The best of both worlds; more than 60 Texas Craft Beers on tap and more than 250 wines from around the world. Beer and wine tastings are available for $10 and include a free pint or wine glass. We have live music on Friday and Saturday evenings. Our venue is both kid and pet friendly. Check out our current beer menu by downloading the DigitalPour App! Visit our Facebook page to see current events and promotions.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Right off of Exit 285, easy to get to. Very nice tasting room and friendly staff. Nice selection of LOCAL wines!

1  Thank ragazza000

Reviewed August 12, 2013

If you want a great glass of wine and good company, head over to the Salado Creek Winery in Salado, Texas. Even better wait a few more days and they will be in their new location that is really beautiful and spacious!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

After moving back to Texas from California we missed visiting the wineries. Salado Creek Winery has filled the void; Jon and Dottie have worked hard to create an awesome place to enjoy great wine. We are looking forward to them opening in their new location just up the road.

Salado is just a small town right off I35 and is filled with great shops and people. If you’re passing through the area I recommend you stop, you won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

From the Stagecoach Red, to the Tempted By Zin, you will find your favorite wine. Owners Jon and Dottie are very warm and receptive. They usually offer live music on Saturday nights and will soon be in their new larger location.

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

After living in the Killen/Fort Hood are for over 4 years, I was very excited to find a winery so near. I took my parents & my husband to check out this place. The place is small but cozy, they had a band playing. The staff were not friendly at all, they didn't give much information about the wines we were tasting. They have a decent selection of wines, but I don't think I will be going back since their staff gave me the feeling they wanted us of there as soon as possible. We went on a Saturday around 5pm, the whole town closed down at that time and the winery is open from 4pm to midnight (not 100% sure), so I don't know if at a later time gets busier and the staff light up a bit more then

Dorothy M, Owner at Salado Creek Winery & Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Hi Joanna, thanks for your candid remarks. We strive at Salado Creek Winery to give everyone the personal attention they want when coming to our establishment. We have recently taken on some new staff members due to growth and will be addressing your impression of their service with them. While we can't answer for the rest of the town closing at 5PM, we are open 7 days a week, 12-6 Sun - Thurs, 12-8 on Friday and 12-9 on Saturday. Saturdays tend to be especially busy in our (admittedly) small tasting room and while this is no excuse for inadequate service we can assure you that we never want to rush people out the door. We hope to see you and your family again soon to show you the type of experience you were hoping to have, and if you would like to discuss your impressions with us in person please feel free to email us at saladocreekwinery@centurylink.net. Thanks again.