Days Inn Salado
Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton(Salado)(Great Value!)
$85
Travelocity
$50
$76
$59
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
Studio 7 Harker Heights(Harker Heights)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe hotel staffbreakfast roomour stay was greathotel is cleanthe young ladyroad noisewi ficomplimentary breakfastcleaning staffcomfortable bedwill stay there againdrownihtxclerk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I stayed recently at this location and have written my review up on Yelp as well...the place is infested with carpenter ants, beetles and other creatures I couldn't identify. I was staying on the 3rd floor and after seeing carpenter ants in the bathroom and various large bugs dead in the carpet and bugs coming from the air conditioner, I was moved to a second room that also had bugs. There were dead and alive bugs everywhere - even the show curtain! They are also crawling in the lobby as well. The owner of the hotel would not give my money back. Find someplace else!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Kate N
Reviewed March 28, 2012

This hotel was clean. The breakfast was bad due to the bacon and sausage was half cooked and the eggs were so runny they were dripping water. This is the noisiest hotel I have ever tried to sleep in and I have traveled and stayed in many hotels worldwide. The HWY 35 traffic noise is unbelievably loud all day and night. It sounded like we were sleeping on the side of the highway and I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SandyJ86
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed here with a group overnight. It was traffic going north so we had to travel 10 miles to jarrell for food because of construction and accidents. Often there was no one at the front desk. Room was clean and nice with flat screen, microwave, and refrigerator. Breakfast was very limited and ok. Only good for one night stay.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank nesby
Reviewed February 12, 2012

My first stay at the Best Western Plus in Salado, traveling between San Antonio and Dallas. I had made a reservation the day before and I received a friendly greeting from Rick at the front desk and was checked in quickly. My room was large, with twin queen beds, frig, microwave, coffee maker, etc. and a nice flat screen TV with large number of channels including music. The bed was very comfortable [I overslept the next morning] and had comfortable, soft pillows. The room also contained a nice desk and chair and two side chairs. Bathroom was large and very clean w/ inside sink and nice shower. Although located conveniently on I-35, my room was located 1/2 way back from the street, on the south side of the building, and was surprisingly quiet. Rick suggested a great place to eat [Johnny's Steaks and BBQ] and I noticed a number of fast food places nearby. The very friendly staff, clean, quiet room, and comfortable bed made this a great visit. I'll be back..

Room Tip: Rooms on south side and back from highway are quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I couldn't decide to stay at the Holiday Inn or Best Western. Since we were only going to be there to sleep, I decide to go with Best Western because it was cheaper.

The room was clean and the hotel had very friendly staff. Beds were very comfortable. Yes there as road noise, but not enough to keep me awake. As far as room color, it grows on yo after awhile. Didn't get up in enough time for breakfast.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple