Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton(Salado)(Great Value!)
$82
$76
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $86/night.

$46
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $52/night.

$165
$60
$56
  • Breakfast included
$59
River Forest Inn(Belton)(Great Value!)
$70
All reviewsholland housefudgehot tubon site restaurantget awaycentral texastexas hospitalitycourse mealadjoining restaurantadirondack chairsclaw foot tubthe main houseold housebreakfast servicefull bartyler roombaby deer
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Bed and breakfast places are like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates -- you never know what you're going to get. But that's the beauty of them. They are all quirky representations of their owners and towns.

Tucked just off I-35 in Central Texas is Salado, an artsy town. My wife and I just made a repeat stay at the Inn on the Creek. The houses -- more than one -- and rooms have that turn-of-century look. The rooms all have names -- we stayed in the Willingham -- and are quaint but spacious. The inn has a restaurant, Alexander's Distillery, and serves a terrific one-seating breakfast at 9am and an outstanding dinner.

My wife and I are early risers, so we treated the inn's breakfast as hobbit-style, you know, second breakfast. The dinner comes in two styles, prix fixe 4-course for $60 per person or ala carte. For us, ala carte was the way to go.

The inn and restaurant are hopping on Friday and Saturday. We dined on Thursday when it was quiet. Our waiter, Christian, was engaging and gave top-notch service.

Bed and breakfast's aren't for everyone. But, if that's your thing and you are close to Salado (we live about 2.5 hours away), the Inn on the Creek is worth the trip.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Will was the perfect host from booking through check out. Dinner at Alexander's was excellent and our breakfast was amazing! My goal was a relaxing getaway and that is what we got! Stayed on the 3rd floor and what a great experience! Thanks so much!!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 15, 2014

This a must have experience! The Inn is amazing! I felt like I was in heaven! Between the charming rooms, jazz on the patio, delightful breakfast, super restaurant and the fabulous staff my family almost didn't get me to leave! The owners are fantastic! The perfect get away! I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I took my girlfriend here on a whim and found a true Texas Gem. From the creak of the staircase to the cool tile of the bathroom, this place has more charm than any lodging you will ever find. They include the keurig coffees and items in the mini fridge as well as the free sample of locally made (and quite delicious in its own right) fudge, we were not expecting such inclusions. Will treats you like an old friend from the moment you call him on the old phone outside the inn to check in. Tony treats you like royalty as you dine in for a scrumptious breakfast. Our last night we shared a locally purchased bottle of fruit wine on the back porch as the breeze from the creek (which is fifteen yards away) cools a hot summer day. This says nothing of the true charm of the town of Salado and all it has to offer. We also both loved the custom sheets which we regret not purchasing for ourselves. We loved it and will be returning. I recommend this to my friends and anyone else that needs to get away from the city.

Room Tip: the anderson room was lovely. if you need to know whether there is wifi then you've missed the point.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Had a wonderful romanic time in Salado....from wine tasting up down main street to shopping for outdoor treasure to put around the pool to was an laid back relaxing time. We enjoyed an amazing dinner at Inn on the Creek followed by a warm yummy breakfast. Check with the chamber to see what musical artist are in town we also got to enjoy an outdoor concert at The Shed!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple