“Absolutely AMAZING!”
Review of Inn on the Creek

Inn on the Creek
Ranked #1 of 12 Salado B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I have been visiting Inn on the Creek more than 15 years running. When I learned it was under new management on my previous visit, I was concerned it wouldn't be the same...boy was I right! I had always enjoyed my visits with the previous owners, but Will is nothing short of fabulous. He makes you feel right at home and gives the impression you are his ONLY guest. He takes time to welcome and walk you through this beautiful property full of more amenities than ANY B&B I've ever frequented. The rooms are in pristine condition with no detail overlooked. The hammocks on the grounds and the rockers on the beautiful porches offer a serene retreat from the bussle of everyday life. The hot tub is private and relaxing. I didn't have an opportunity to enjoy the gym, but I'll be better prepared next time. Breakfast is always a treat with seasonal fruits, gourmet coffee and foods that will delight the most distinguished pallet. I can never get enough of the coffee! The Keurig machines in the rooms were also a nice new touch to my visit. I can't rave enough about Will and his fabulous supporting staff...you will not find better accommodations anywhere.

• Stayed: July 2011

Reviewed June 29, 2011

We loved the Inn on the Creek in Salado, TX. From the attentive and personable staff to the tasty breakfast, it is a place I recommend.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We are from Texas and decided to stay at the Inn on the Creek for our anniversary. We had heard great things. It was actually even better than we could have imagined. We instantly felt at home and we did not want to leave. The hospitality, environment, and food were incredible. I could not have asked for a better anniversary. We will be back many more times to visit the other amazing rooms. Will and his staff do an amazing job and think of everything. By far, this is the best B&B we have been to.

Room Tip: Several rooms view the creek, which is beautiful.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Inn on the Creek for a baby-moon this weekend. The grounds were beautiful. The room was very welcoming and you will love the bed and sheets. The restaurant and bar had excellent food. The staff went above and beyond to make sure we had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Winemaker7
Reviewed February 14, 2011

This was our first time to stay at a 'Bed and Breakfast', and it was one of the most memorable experiences we have had, and we have been married for 27 years now! What a true 'get away!' We only wish we had had more time. We are definitely going back and intend to stay longer! We weren't able to take advantage of the beautiful amenities that they had as we arrived late, but we will next time! We truly felt pampered. The innkeeper was very cordial and courteous. The room we stayed in was beautiful and quaint. The king bed was so comfortable, and the nook in the room added to the ambiance! It was like walking into another era. The dining was exquisite as well! Our stay was personalized and that makes such a difference! The only drawback was that we only wish we had had more time! Definitely far exceeded our hopes and expectations for staying at a bed and breakfast for the first time! We will be back, and very soon indeed! Mary and Orlando Salinas

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sali50
Reviewed November 18, 2010

My family and I long anticpated my goddaughter's wedding at Inn on the Creek in October of 2010. I did painstaking research in the area as B&B's are never my choice of places to stay for lack of privacy and amenities. This is far more like a small luxury boutique hotel than any B&B I have ever experienced. The service is absolutely the finest, with attention to detail that is reserved for visiting dignitaries. Will Lowrey and his management surpassed many of the best concierge anywhere. Given the Inn was booked for the wedding for a year, 3 weeks before the special day, Inn on the Creek suffered a massive natural catastophe, and pulled off relandscaping, renovations and redecorating from the Mill Creek flooding into the first floor, and gardens, their recovery was short of a miracle! The work being done until the hour of our party's arrival was seemingly effortless even though it certainly was far from it. The food was divine, drinks and spirits superb, and breakfast outrageously good and uniquely different. We had the best time ever, so much fun that I would happily come back without any other reason than to visit this charming town in the heart of America, and feel totally relaxed in our well appointed room with all the touches of a 5 star suite. Then walk across the lawn and shoot the breeze with Will as if he didn't have a care in the world! I highly recommend this lovely respite from the rest of the world down by the old Mill Stream.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank candyanderson
Reviewed June 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Inn as an overnight stop on our way to our friends' daughter's wedding in Dallas, so we definitely didn't get to stay long enough for sure. We live on the coast in Tx and this will be our place to stay now when we are up this way. This particular time was also our 29th wedding anniversary and the innkeeper, Will, was great to leave us a bottle of wine chilling in our room! We ate dinner at the sweetest little restaurant that evening, that was gourmet at it's absolute finest!! And breakfast at the Inn the next morning was delicious as well. Who would have thought this little quaint town would have such hidden gems! We loved it. Can't wait to return!!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grannaluv
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salado
Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton
Days Inn Salado
Days Inn Salado
#2 of 3 in Salado
Stagecoach Inn Motel & Conference Center

Been to Inn on the Creek? Share your experiences!