“Best bbq ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

Texas Pit BBQ
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Saginaw
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Saginaw, Texas
“Best bbq ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

My recommendation is the jalapeno sausage. Its amazing! They also have something called the big nasty. It has cheese, sour cream, chopped beef, fritos, onions, and brisqit. Its my favorite.

• Visited February 2014

Kyle, Texas
“Beyond the great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

There are many great reviews of this restaurant. I will add that I had a great BBQ meal this week here. The main point of this review is beyond the food. I ate lunch here and didn't notice until the next day that my credit card was missing. Everybody knows that sinking feeling! Where was it? Well, I thought I'd used it at Texas Pit BBQ so I called and asked for the manager. I told him my problem and he said just a minute and I'll check for it. He returned to the phone and said yes, he had the card! You can talk all day about good food but this was honesty and integrity of his staff. Whoever found my card turned it in. So many bad things can be done with a CC. These folks did the "right" thing. I am so grateful for these folks. Yes, the BBQ was as good as I've had.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank jbrecher
Fort Worth, Texas
“Average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Have had take out 3 or 4 times. The wait staff is very young and inexperienced in customer care. They don't care- or appear not to. The food is over priced and a bit spicy. They should advertise if it is "hot". So so. I have had much better many times.

• Visited September 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Smoked Baloney”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

No really, smoked baloney! Tastes like, well, smoked baloney. I had to try it, but can't say it was the best meat on my plate. Very good ribs, and the brisket alone is worth stopping in for. I have to agree with some of the other contributors,they need to kick up their sauce; I found it to be a bit bland and was missing depth and a decent kick. Where this place exceeds expectations is the cool building, live music and outdoor seating. I got the sense that this is a place where locals like to meet and catch up, neat place. The ice cold beer doesn't hurt either. It's well worth the stop if you find yourself in Saginaw.

• Visited August 2013
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Best BBQ!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We visit DFW 1 or 2 times per year to visit family and we don't leave town without driving to Texas Pit and loading up our ice chest full of brisket and bbq sauce to bring back to Louisiana to freeze in individual bags for our freezer!!! Our freezer is empty so we are probably going to have to plan our next visit soon....we will trade crawfish for Texas Pit BBQ ANYTIME!!!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank colegang

Been to Texas Pit BBQ? Share your experiences!