Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Royse City - Rockwall Area
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Royse City
Royse City
“one night stay”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

great room but was booked for wrong night originally booked for the 12th of March but found out when I arrived it had been booked for the 13th of March, had to pay full price for room and with help from hotel get partial refund

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

HIROYSECITY, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Royse City - Rockwall Area, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
We really appreciate your feedback. I do apologize for the difficulties you experience with your reservation dates. I am glad we were able to assist you with getting a refund for the reservation that was booked for the wrong night. It was our pleasure having you and your family as our guest. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We visited family near Royse City for Thanksgiving 2013. Since we were traveling with our two young grandchildren (ages 7 & 4), we booked a room with two queen beds. Our room was on the SE corner of the fourth floor, and we could not have been happier. The room was HUGE compared to others we've stayed in, even in other HI Express hotels. The bathrooms was large and immaculate. The room was big enough for them to burn off steam. Beds were super comfy, with plenty of pillows. Because we were on the SE corner of the hotel, we were opposite the freeway and all the road noise, overlooking a meadow and church. The breakfast bar was a big hit with the grandkids, especially the automatic pancake maker. Overall, we had an amazing stay and thoroughly enjoyed it. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south side (away from the freeway). Our corner room on the fourth floor was h...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
HIROYSECITY, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Royse City - Rockwall Area, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased hear that you had such a great experience staying with us while in town visiting family. Thank you for all of the wonderful comments, I will be sure to share them with all of our staff. The pancake maker seems to always be a big hit with the kids. Once again thank you and we hope to see you again soon.
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel! Right when you walk in you're slapped with the ambiance of a super expensive hotel! Loved that lobby! Then the awesome staff check you in! If you stay on the 2nd thru the 4th floor, it's a wait for the elevator...because there's only one. Hahaha seriously?!? No biggie. Just funny. Then you get to the room and it's clean and roomy with a great bathroom. And the next morning you get a nice breakfast. Awesome place to stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
HIROYSECITY, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Royse City - Rockwall Area, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for all the great comments you have about our property. We are so excited that you had a great experience while staying at our facility. I will be sharing your comments with all of our staff. I am pleased that you like the room that was chosen for your stay. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to our area.
Chicago
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have stayed at Holiday Inn Express twice, for extended stays, in the last six months. I was in the area to visit my daughter and her family following the birth of my first beautiful grandson. I have been very happy with the room, cleanliness and personalized service. I really appreciated the large refrigerator and microwave in the room. I only wish they had a bar. The only negative thing I have to say is regarding the linen. The towels and sheets could be a little bit nicer. The front desk folks were very helpful. Breakfast is very nice and served at proper temp. I also suggest hand sanitizer be placed on buffet. The buffet is overseen so when people touch food it is removed.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near parking lot side as interstate can be noisy with construction.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time to give us a review. It brings us great joy to know you enjoyed both of your stays with us. We take great pride in our guest satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you the next time you come to town to visit your family.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at this property. In the past year the cleanliness, maintence of the facility, and quality of the breakfast has dramatically declined. Our room was very dirty and in the two rooms we stayed in someone had deliberately taken the shower heads and turned them outwards causing them to spray the whole bathroom and wet clothing. The property has one elevator and on the day we checked out it wasn't working properly resulting in us having to lug all of our baggage down three flights of stairs. When we complained to the Front Desk they apologized but did not offer an other type of compensation for our problems. Additionally, if you decide to stay at this property I would highly recommend that you request to be on the side of the hotel away from the interstate as it is very noisy. To the front desk manager's credit he was helpful in honoring a move after our first sleepless night to the other side of the hotel so that we could try to get some sleep. However, we will not be staying there next year for our annual event.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
HIROYSECITY, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Royse City - Rockwall Area, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. I am sorry that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. Rest assured the matters will be discussed with our team and will be resolved accordingly. I do apologize that the elevator was not working the day you checked out, as this issue was resolved as soon as we were notified. Your feedback is very important to us, as it will assist us in improving our services and facility that we offer our guest. Once again I sincerely apologize and thank you for bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention.
Longview, Texas
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed here the last three Christmas holidays. We have family close.
The property is clean and well maintained. The front desk attendant was a little curt but hey, he was working on Christmas Eve.
Two small negatives:
No room upgrade allowed (room paid for with IHG Priority points of which I have about 400k).
The pillows leave a lot to be desired.
Over all I do not hesitate to recommend this hotel. It has been consistently good the last four or five years.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side of the hotel. I-45 construction is about 100 yards away.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HIROYSECITY, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Royse City - Rockwall Area, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It is always great to see returning guest. I do apologize that there were no upgrades available during your stay with us for Christmas. We are actually in the process of transitioning over to new style of pillows that will be larger and more luxurious. We look forward to seeing you next Christmas.
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We like Holiday Inn Expresses, the cinnamon rolls in the morning are a favorite for my husband and there's generally enough there that I (gluten sensitive) can happily eat. An egg, some fruit, a cup of coffee and I'm good to go. The egg was there and fine, the coffee fair but hot and caffeinated. No fruit. No apples, bananas ... nothing. I was disappointed.

The water tastes like a fish tank.

The in-room coffee is about what you'd expect. It's pod coffee, only for emergencies in my opinion. I far prefer a cup of tea. They only left one bag.

Those are all the negatives. The bed was wonderful!!! Perfect and I slept very well (except for the construction right outside our window) but the bed was terrific. My husband thought it was a bit soft, but I loved it! Add that to a hot shower ... all the rest is forgivable. I'm going to learn to pack my own tea I think.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
HIROYSECITY, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Royse City - Rockwall Area, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your stay experience with us. I do apologize that your stay with us did not surpass your expectations. Thank you for bringing your concerns with the breakfast choices offered to our attention so that we may fully address the issue. On a brighter note I am very pleased to hear you found our beds to be so comfortable and was able to get a great nights rest. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Royse City
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockwall
Hilton Dallas / Rockwall Lakefront
Hampton Inn Dallas-Rockwall
Comfort Suites Lake Ray Hubbard
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Garland E - Lake Hubbard I30
WoodSpring Suites Dallas Rockwall

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Royse City - Rockwall Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Royse City - Rockwall Area

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Royse City - Rockwall Area
Address: 1001 Pullen St, Royse City, TX 75189-5609
Location: United States > Texas > Royse City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Royse City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Royse City - Rockwall Area 2.5*
Welcome to the new Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-Royse City, Texas, conveniently located off of Interstate 30. We are excited to be your premier hotel while staying in the Royse City Rockwall area. Our travelers will enjoy hotel amenities including our complimentary Express Start breakfast, 24-hour fitness center, and a friendly staff to make you feel at home.Whether traveling on business or leisure, we are sure to meet your every need. Our business customers will be impressed with our location just 5 miles from Rockwall Technology Park and L3 Comcepts. You are also just minutes away from businesses like EZ-FLO International, Graphics Microsystems, Owens-Illinois Plastics Group, and Sourcing Management Incorporated (SMI). We also offer wired and wireless high-speed Internet throughout the hotel as well as a 24-hour business center, fitness center, and an outdoor pool to help ease the stress of your working day. While here on leisure, enjoy a day at Lake Ray Hubbard, Lake Tawakoni, and Lake Lavon all just miles from the hotel. Enjoy your favorite water sport at Chandlers Landing or take a Riverboat Cruise on the Texas Queen. Looking for some nightlife? Our hotel is only 7 miles from the famed Southern Junction-Western Nightclub. Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-Royse City welcomes you to Stay Smart with the brand that offers you more value and service as well as Priority Club Rewards! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, IHG, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Royse City - Rockwall Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Royse City - Rockwall Area