“Great service, consistently good food!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kyoto Japanese Steak House

Kyoto Japanese Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Kyoto Japanese Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 97 Restaurants in Rowlett
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Rowlett, Texas
“Great service, consistently good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Kyoto is our go to place every few months or when a special occasion comes around, tonight was no exception. We celebrated our friend's birthday at a regular table choosing not to do the hibachi chef show to night. We started with drinks and the spicy edamame, which was quite spicy but good, then ordered a few sushi rolls which were all okay, nothing really great, maybe we should've tried something different. We then chose plates of which my husband and I shared one plate and ordered the soup, salad and sides for the other, it was plenty of food in fact we brought the hibachi fried rice and veggies home for a whole other portion. I'm really never displeased when visiting Kyoto and their service is great. Will definitely be back and try some different rolls to compare!

• Visited February 2014

“Tasty Lunch specials!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

My friend and I popped in here after a day of shopping. They have cooks that perform as they cook your meal or you can choose to sit at a regular table also including the bar, patio or sushi bar. We started off with jalapeños stuffed with crab meat and cream cheese. They were amazing.. Mild heat, creamy cheese flavors & and a tad of soy all wrapped in a crispy egg batter. Please know that its a sliver of jALapeno and not a whole piece. Don't be afraid to give them a try. My friend had wonton shrimp wraps.... Nice light crispy!! We both had rice bowls for main dish. I had the combo, steak chicken and shrimp. My friend chose crispy chicken, fried chicken breast. The portions were more than enough for lunch and even better the price was 7.95$ Evrything was great from the fresh food to service and cleanliness. We were the only ones on the patio and our server was very prompt. There is also a Kyoto in Rockwall..... Give them a try!!

• Visited May 2013
Mesquite, Tx
“Pricey and a lot of sauce”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

The food would have been good if they had not poured the soy to it. It was literally swimming in it. I though it was a little pricey too, but good location. would give them another chance,

Visited January 2013
sanbao184
“good sushi and service, not cheap”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Kind of a special occasion place for me. Took my son and his squeeze there when they were in town. They drank. I did not, so the booze bill was around $40 of the $175 or so including tip. And we did not go away hungry or unsatisfied. Not one item disappointed. I guess I eat out so little that I always suffer a little sticker shock when eating at upscale restaurants.

• Visited March 2013
Dallas,TX
“Small Town Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have moved from Downtown Dallas to a smaller town about 45 minutes away. We were missing our local Sushi places where we could pop in for a quick bite--- one which was trustworthy and of high quality. I won't go to just anyplace for Sushi.

We have driven by this location for months and saw all the cars and have wondered about it. Finally a friend who is from the area told us it was good- so we tried it out.

We were pleasantly surprised! We sat in the bar for Happy Hour. While they do offer very inexpensive sushi rolls during happy hour we choose two different ones off the main menu. We found the staff to be very helpful and our bartender-waiter to be very knowledgeable about the items. Which is so nice! The Rolls we ordered were 12 and 14 dollars each- but it was alot of food for us and comparable to Dallas prices.

It looks to be a local place and one gentleman who works there (manager maybe) told us it has been at this location for 10 years so that says something in and of itself.

I would go back for sure-- there is also a Hibachi area which looks fun too.

• Visited February 2013