“Food is Very Good...Service not so much”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Six Two Zero Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #11 of 12 Bakeries in Round Rock
Austin
“Food is Very Good...Service not so much”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I eat breakfast here regularly. The food and selections are very good; however, the service has been consistently poor. Sadly, it is not because they are to busy...just not attentive.

• Visited March 2013

Austin, Texas
“620 Cafe_ best southern style breakfast in town”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The 620 Cafe has been in Round Rock for a while. It has the best southern style breakfast in town. The "chicken fried bacon" is to die for. It is the kind of thing that tastes amazingly good but you know you should not each much of it.
Their special breads are home-made, fresh and tasty. It is a great place for brunch.
I am not a fan of their sandwiches so I do not recommend it for just lunch. I like to be seated on the back because you can see brushy creek so it is relaxing. Their service at the door is always good, the servers service vary per person. You can find a really good server or one that is terrible.

• Visited September 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“I enjoyed my lunch there”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I had one of the quiche that was mentioned in an earlier review. They did have several varieties and I enjoyed mine very much, along with my side dish. It was a generous portion for lunch without being extreme, was delivered fairly quickly without being rushed, and was tasty and cooked to just the right consistency. The service was cheerful and the atmosphere one proclaimed by several tables of conversation that showed the enjoyment of everyone there. It was a constant background noise of chatty diners, but one that was not annoying or deafening.

Despite the popularity of the place, I got a great parking space, was seated quickly, and didn't have to fight any serious traffic in the Tuesday lunch hour. I would recommend the place. It has a good lunch time value, good food (that I could only tell from my own dish and the seeming contentment of the many other diners around me). Best of all, it's a local place and not a drab, boring chain.

The one negative I would give you is on the chocolate pie. It wasn't tasteless or bland, I can give you that. Maybe you would enjoy it, but I got the sense that I was just causing harm to my body without reaping any great reward in taste.

I wouldn't just rave on the place, but I would certainly be happy to go back.

• Visited June 2011
Round Rock, Texas
“Gives southern style cooking a bad name”
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Cute little place right off the road. Seated promptly. Service was very friendly. Ordered chips and queso app. It was straight-from-the-can queso. Awful. Chips were obviously store brand corn chips. Not what I want to pay for in a restaurant. I had the chicken fried steak -- HORRIBLE and tasteless. Really a let down in the area of home cookin'. Cream gravy tasted like a premix. Cinammon apples tasted like they were dumped straight from the can too. My husband got the big fish 'special' displayed on the board. He said the flavor was good but overcooked --- only got one tiny piece of fish smaller than the palm of my hand. Will NEVER eat there again for lunch or dinner.

Round Rock, TX
“Horrible”
Reviewed December 14, 2009

Worst breakfast I've ever had in 10 years in Austin. No idea what this is rated high.