“Great Little Bakery”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 30, 2014

A small little bakery off the beaten track but worth the drive. Their tasty treats have a limited selection but they are traditional Mexican and made on site. Great option for lunch too.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

While the staff was very nice and the service overall was quick, the food left a lot to be desired. There were 6 adults in our group, so we ordered a large range of things. The only plate that got a thumbs up was the fish taco. The enchiladas didn't have much flavor. The most disappointing of all were probably the rice and beans. This is a staple of Mexican food and can be delicious while being simple. Everyone in our group, however, agreed that these ones also had no flavor.
We chose this restaurant because of all the positive reviews. Hopefully, this was just a small lapse in their usual quality.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

This place was very good, great and friendly service, good variety and right price. Over the years ( 6-7 ) I had patron this place for food and baked goods and they are still good but used to be much better. I wish the had keep their variety of sweet bread and food, maybe they had lost employees but quality had suffer. I still visit but now decide to try other places.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Small, but ever-expanding due to great business, this local eatery specializes in traditional Mexican sweetbreads/pastries (HUGE selection) and breakfast. They also serve lunch & dinner. The food is hearty, home-cookin'-- not fancy, but good. Nice people, great service. My only complaint-- their coffee could be much better.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Found this restaurant recently while driving around Round Rock. The restaurant was quiet, with very few patrons inside. Since I had never been there, I asked the waitress what I should order. She suggested the Chicken Enchilada plate with the Poblano sauce. I'm usually not a Chicken Enchilada fan, but I heard Poblano sauce and decided to give it a try. The dish was very flavorful, great spices, but not hot. The chips were fresh and crispy, and the salsa was fresh and had a nice kick to it. I finished the meal off with a moist flavorful coconut muffin. I'll definitely be back!