“Best Empanadas Anywhere!!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Small, but ever-expanding due to great business, this local eatery specializes in traditional Mexican sweetbreads/pastries (HUGE selection) and breakfast. They also serve lunch & dinner. The food is hearty, home-cookin'-- not fancy, but good. Nice people, great service. My only complaint-- their coffee could be much better.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Found this restaurant recently while driving around Round Rock. The restaurant was quiet, with very few patrons inside. Since I had never been there, I asked the waitress what I should order. She suggested the Chicken Enchilada plate with the Poblano sauce. I'm usually not a Chicken Enchilada fan, but I heard Poblano sauce and decided to give it a try. The dish was very flavorful, great spices, but not hot. The chips were fresh and crispy, and the salsa was fresh and had a nice kick to it. I finished the meal off with a moist flavorful coconut muffin. I'll definitely be back!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I ate their Barbacoa, excellent! Both for breakfast and lunch, great food! And plus they have all my favorite Mexican pastries!
The chips and salsa has a little bit of a kick which is awesome! Juarez is definitely on my top 3 favorite Mexican restaurants.
The staff was really nice, the tables were clean, and the food was top quality!
So don't miss out on Juarez! Eat their food and then order a dessert! Best in Round Rock!!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The worst tamales and menudo I ever experienced . Returned the menudo after the first taste and owner still charged us. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have had take out fajitas from Juarez on a couple of occasions, and while I found the food tasty, I did not find it outstanding, over the top, or worthy of special note. In fact one of the take out orders was wrong we found out after we got it home. They offer fried diced potatoes as a substitute for rice, which is different.

In any case, my family who lives there, uses Juarez as their go-to take out Mexican food place for the past several years. They made a kick-a#s dulce de leche birthday cake for my grandson last year.