“Southwest Tex Mex”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Chuys has a great Southwest influence as opposed to purely Tex Mex which I love. Hatch green chiles are featured on the menu. Service is always friendly!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

A Saturday night and the wait was long but we expected that. The food at Chuy's is AWESOME, no doubt about that. My problem is a FULL happy restaurant which is loud but a good kind of noise. Why must management crank up the music SUPER LOUD to add on top of that? Is it not needed!! My daughter left with a headache. We could not converse across the table. Please be considerate with the noise level. I will be back but will leave if it is like that again.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Friends my wife & I visit with in Round Rock introduced us to this Chuy's and I have to give it as many thumbs-up as I can. I love Tex-Mex food in all its variations, but particularly enjoy certain types which usually are variations on something to do with chicken fajitas, whether fajitas themselves, fajita nachos, etc.

The chicken ponchos at Chuy's are a nearly perfect, for me anyway, blend of everything that is great and wonderful with both nachos and fajitas. I grant you, that's only my opinion, but when givent he chance to have them here in Houston, that's what I choose over other Mexican foods nearly three quarters of the time now.

This Chuy's is the Velvet Elvis theme one I believe. Lots of Elvis around, and even some Elvis inspired menu items. Drinks are good, service is snappy, even when Chuy's is busy-busy, which seems to be every single time we go to the one off I-35 in Round Rock!

Give it a try, you'll love it.

Chicken Ponchos! You betcha!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Great service at the bar. Happy Hour was fun...the locals were nice and chatty. The food tasted amazing (Sour Cream Enchiladas were the special of the day!) I tried my first "Mexican Martini"...yum, yum, yum!

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Count on waiting no matter what night you plan on dining at Chuys in Round Rock, Texas. There's a really good reason that the restaurant is packed every night, it's terrific! Be sure and ask for creamy jalapeño dip to go with your chips and fresh salsa. The New Mexican martinis are also one of our favorites. We've never found any menu item that we didn't thoroughly enjoy. My husband's favorite is the Southwestern and mine is the tacos al carbon. Don't miss Chuys the next time you are in Round Rock!

Been to Chuy's? Share your experiences!