“Best Japanese in Austin - Very Nice Environment”

Beluga Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #64 of 366 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 23, 2013

My family had dinner tonight @ Beluga.....I have got to say that it is the best Japanese...I have ever found (especially in this part of the world). The Garlic Edimame was great....the Ahi Tower was Amazing, the Shrimp Tempura was fantastic. The Crab Salad....was my wife's favorite! Don't miss this Gem in Round Rock, Texas! BTW our waiter's name was An...and he did a fantastic job!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

This restaurant has a great happy hour and tasty sushi. The staff is very friendly. I particularly recommend their garlic edamame and the crab dynamite roll. They also have a bar area with TV's if you want to watch sports.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had eaten here before and thought the food was pretty good. Wife and I decided to give it a try for my birthday on a Tuesday eve. After being ignored for at least 15 minutes we finally had our order taken. The waitress seemed to be disorientated right off the bat and generally unhappy about us being there. After another 20 minutes our appetizers showed up and I reminded the waitress that we still did not have our drinks. Another 10 minutes went by so I went to the bar myself to get our drinks. I ran into the waitress on the bar side and she assured me that the drinks were coming so I went to sit back down. Finally after another 10 minutes and appetizers eaten, another waiter brought our beverages. By now I had begun to realize that we were in for trouble. The original waitress now came back seeing that only my son's food had arrived after 45 minute wait. She came back with my daughters food and when I asked her where our entrees were she seemed confused. She left again and came back telling us that she forgot to put our order in. At this point I decided enough was enough and told her we just want to pay for what we did get and would like to leave without our food. I requested to talk to the manager but his cowardly response was to send her back out of the kitchen to tell us he was too busy. Wow! I finally did get him to come out of hiding and explained to him about what a disaster this had been. He just stared right through me and handed me the bill. By far the rudest dining experience I have ever experienced not to mention strange. Decent food but, overpriced in my opinion. Service so bad we were begging for the check to get out! (Literally) Obviously, we aren't going back but I still am amazed at the level of rudeness we encountered at Beluga.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I hesitated going here as I do not like sushi. Evidently I've always had bad sushi. Thanks to the freshness and well-prepared sushi I am now I Sushi lover. I ordered the sake marinated pork chop before tasting the sushi. The Austin rolls were awesome. The pork chop was a little slow getting to the table....wonder why. But it tasted great too.
Staff was very helpful and knew their Sushi. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

The food has great presentation. Their sushi is ok. I do not go there for sushi but for other Japanese plates which are good. The prices are expensive.