“Nothing fancy, but workable with friendly staff”

Best Western Executive Inn
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed September 27, 2006

I was nervous about staying here with a less than 3-star rating since I often find the ratings to be inflated. I took the chance on the strength of a reasonable rate, and the free high-speed internet (wired, not wireless) and free continental breakfast (which was a pretty limited offering, but there was drinkable coffee and orange juice!). The hotel was decent but not a place to go if you're looking for any luxury. There was no elevator to the second level so it has a "motel" type feel. The rooms were pretty clean, apparently recently renovated according to the sign outside. They are also pretty spacious. Now they have fridges and microwaves in every room. I must admit I was dismayed that two crickets easily came in under my door (I was there in the fall), so I guess I can imagine that roaches or other insects could be an issue at other times of the year (but, that's TX). But, the staff was VERY nice and friendly, and overall, I enjoyed my stay. (A bonus: there is a very nice new premium outlet just a short drive away!) For the price I paid, it was a positive accommodation in the Round Rock /Austin area.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Roadrunner12
There are newer reviews for Best Western Executive Inn

Reviewed August 11, 2006

I was a little disappointed in this hotel. The AC unit could barely keep the room comfortable until evening came, the "NOW WITH FRIDGE AND MICROWAVE" failed to mention the fridge has no freezer and these two appliances were just shoved into a corner as an after thought in order to remain competitive w/ other local hotels. The Micro sits directly on top of the fridge which in turn is set up directly against the door that leads to the neighboring room.

The Breakfast:
The breakfast is your run of the mill pastries / bagels/ dry cereal. The "seating area" is actually the conference room and is totally uncomfortable! The AC does not penetrate into this room so it is uncomfortably warm, the chairs are your el cheap mass seating chairs (for conferences) the tables are run of the mill plastic 4 ft. X 2ft. tables , again, for conferences but also for your makeshift breakfast. The television sits just outside of the room where you eat so you can't really hear the TV. The whole breakfast setup is awkard and again, appears to be an afterthought.

Roaches:
Only a couple - you know, those big german type roaches. Enough to scare my wife although I didn't mind that much.

More complaints are:
Not enough towels... an extra chair would've been nice,

PERSONELL:
Most were friendly except for the arrogant guy working the desk at night. No, greetings - he just kind of looks at you until you ask your question... we needed a few towels after swimming... no greeting when I walked in... looked at you like you were intruding, asked for towels, he asked "what room?" after I told him he just gave me some towels and said nothing else, i said, "Thanks!" - no reply just a quick arrogant glance.

Everbody else besides this dufus was alright and friendly.

you get what you pay for.... we payed around mid 70's per night... I would not pay this much again for a room like this... if you could get if for about $40 a night I would say go for it or else just go somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank B_dogg
Slaton, Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2006

We asked for a non-smoking room and getting a room that smelled so bad we bought some air freshener . The ironing board was broken the ironing board and iron holder fell of the wall during the night the remote to the TV did not work some of the channels bleed threw on each other there were roaches in the bathroom the bed spread smelled the swimming pool was dirty and cold. What kind of a person puts a swimming pool on the east side of a building where the sun can not heat the pool and lets not forget about the cold tub or was it supposed to be a hot tub? anyway the jets were not working yes the timer was on and you would not want to sit in it anyway you would have probably caught something. the exclusive continental breakfast must mean you can have a boiled egg with it.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed July 7, 2006

Great customer service! The staff was friendly over the phone as well as in person. The manager changed our rooms to make our stay more convenient. We reserved four rooms so it was great to have them close together. The manager also stopped by to make sure everything was to our liking. The rooms were nice and clean. Comfortable beds...microwaves and mini fridges in each room. The hotel location is near the highway and a variety of restaraunts. It was a very enjoyable stay. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2006
Reviewed June 11, 2006

The staff was very pleasant and friendly, which I value h ighly, given my other experiences at other motels. The lobby was large and attractive for a BW motel. The room was clean and all furnishings seemed new, i.e., nothing worn, dirty, shabby. A short time after check-in, the manager called my room to see if I found everything to my liking. That has never happened to me before. There was a very reasonable continential breakfast the next morning. Again, staff was extremely friendly at check-out. The motel is located very near many nice restaurants. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2006

Our 3 day vacation was marred by the fact that the pool advertised on their web site (with NO seasonal usage times posted as of 4/7/06) had a "sunken in" pool cover with dirty water on top (I have a digital photo of how bad the pool area looked!). 4/7/06 had temperatures in the mid 90's. A swim would have been nice. We went out at 7am the next morning to go swimming in Barton Springs (67 degree water no problem), and the clerk at the front desk wrote a note to have our room cleaned first(by 10:30am). We got back at 12 noon and found the room not cleaned. The new front desk clerk gave me the lame excuse that he saw the note, and called my room while we were gone. When he got no answer, he assumed we were still sleeping (there was no "maid needed" door hanger!). He made it very clear to me twice that usually the "checked out" rooms were done 1st, and the "stay over's" were done last. I was upset, and he offered to do my room then, but we needed to shower and eat lunch. It got done at 4pm. We discovered, after we left, a chicken burrito was somehow missing from our fridge or igloo cooler, to top it all off.

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank raterMurrellsInlet
Round Rock, TX
Reviewed October 2, 2005

My elderly parents stayed in the Best Western Executive Suites in Sept 2005. They had planned on a 10 day stay while my family and I relocated to Round Rock, TX. The "executive suite" consisted of a regular 2 bed room (2 queen beds). They had to request a small fridge. The word "suite" is a bit of a misnomer here.

On the first night there, my mother awoke at 3am to see what was tickling her legs. She found little bugs in the bed. When she called the front desk, they informed her that it was probably her fault for having the door open (to air out the awful smell of mildew and chemical cleaners). How leaving a door open for 20 minutes can allow bugs to get down in between the sheets is a bit beyond me. However, they moved my parents to another room so they could finish their sleep - leaving their belongings in the original room.

In the morning, they moved my parents to another "non-smoking" room that reeked of smoke. Due to allergies, my mother couldn't take this. At this point, I moved my parents over to my hotel (Staybridge Suites in Round Rock). For the same rate, they got a full studio suite with kitchen that was very clean and smelled very nice.

You couldn't pay anyone in my family to stay in the Best Western Executive Suites in Round Rock again.

• Stayed: September 2005