There is nothing "best" or "executive" about what you truly get here. I've had the unfortunate experience of staying here during state-sponsored trips to Austin, and things really went downhill in late October. Here are a few notables:
1. The internet "boost" that was installed makes it impossible to get a connection. The owner will let you borrow his own personal modem if you say you will complain to corporate.
2. Pubic hair galore! In the beds, the shower, counters...everywhere you look. Pictures will be posted soon.
3. Housekeeping ignores "Do Not Disturb" signs, and enters your room anyway. I emerged from a shower with them trying to undo the chain.
4.Dirty bed clothes, and even dirtier carpet. I challenge everyone to wet the cleanest towel in your room, walk across the floor, then wipe your feet. The towel will be black. No worries, though, because it will be there waiting for the next guest who donates $78 per night to this roadside motel.
5. Customer service? Please. The higher level reward member you get, the worst you get treated. I was called some very derogatory names by the overnight clerk. He wouldn't silence the kids running down the hallway, nor would he call tech support for the internet for me. Guess what the owner's response is? The overnight worker has cancer, and only a few months to live, and the cancer makes him be rude. The owner told me not to call the corporate office, because they don't scare him and they have no authority over him.
Thankfully, I found another great hotel to honor the state government rate nearby. Also, Best Western Coporate was so kind to me, and documented my concern. I encourage everyone to call Guest Relations to report any problems with this hotel. I suspect some glowing reviews from this hotel, or personal attacks on me in the future. My review comes from staying at this hotel several times since August of 2011, so it is very balanced. It would be nice if this MOTEL would clean up its act, because that is the only hope for its survival.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rooms completely remodeled in April 2014. Large, over-sized rooms with many amenities including refrigerators and microwaves in each room, wired and wireless Internet, and much more. FREE full hot breakfast buffet with sausage, eggs, Texas-shaped waffles, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN Executive Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Round Rock
- Round Rock Best Western