“Very clean and well managed property” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Austin (Round Rock)

Value Place Austin (Round Rock)
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Round Rock
Midland, Texas
“Very clean and well managed property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Elsie the Manager makes the enviroment very safe. I had to stay here while my house was being built and I never felt unsafe. They keep it very clean. I would stay again. GREAT VALUE for an extended stay.

Room Tip: They have smoking and non-smoking floors. I am a non- smoker and did not have any issues.All the ro...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Sunita P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed here for 1 week while contractors were doing work on my house. Not worth 400+ a week. Carpets were filty, found food in my refridgeraor, and a snobby desk clerk. Pay a few bucks more and stay at a nightly hotel if your only staying a week or 2.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank JAL512
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

What can I say - I found myself in the last year living in Nashville, then returning to TX to Austin. I ended up staying 4 1/2 months and overall was a pleasant experience. I was in a smoking room but you could never tell. Surprisingly quiet for a hotel and overall very clean. Granted it does not have all the amenities of a regular hotel (pool, etc) but the price per night is always very reasonable. The manager was very personable and easy to deal with the. The only issue I ever had was when the air condition went out, which was fixed (on a Saturday no less) in just a couple of hours.

I would definitely stay with Value Place again if I find myself on the move...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Paul H
LIPVP, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Austin (Round Rock), responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We would like to take the time to thank you for your feedback and do hope that if you need a hotel in the future....Value Place will be your choice. Thank you again.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was most impressed with the manager, Elsie Williams, who was friendly, courteous, and helpful. The price was higher than some Value Place locations I have used, and the location was not great, but I was happy that everything worked well -- AC, internet, hot water, microwave, etc., all the essentials. You can pay more, and get a higher level of service, but this facility is very good for the price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Philip_Wilson
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

It's not the best but It's ok. You have to stay a week, they only rent by the week. That's 7 days, so by the time you include taxes, and full deposit It's over $440.00 per room. The AC did not work but they kept working on it. I don't smoke but I was desperate and took the room. Warning DO NOT TRY TO BOOK THIS ROOM FROM EXPEDIA. BIG MISTAKE.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank airmartex
LIPVP, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Austin (Round Rock), responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for your feedback for our Value Place Hotel. We use all comments as a training tool for our staff. Our goal is to make sure our guest is comfortable and happy with their stay. Thank you again for your feedback.
Irvine, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Im sure the accomodations of this place could be good. One problem though, the woman at the front desk was rude about anything, absolutely everything. We finally got to the point to not call the front desk if we knew she was working. I dont know why you get into hospitality service when your attitude is like this. There is no way she is still there now im sure. Definitely out of the 100+ hotels we have stayed at I have never seen anyone so rude. We payed for the week and left 3 days early because of the rude service. Everyone else was ok. Then when we were checking out early, we tried to get a refund and the rude person says "no refund cause now we have to wash the sheets" I was like thinking in my head "you don't wash the sheets anyway" UNBELIEVABLE .

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JCStolz
Amarillo, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I was very impressed with how clean Value Place was for my stay. I did enjoy my trip, however, I am put off by the raft of "policies" they have in place that seem quite excessive. I realize these are likely in place to prevent issues that other chains deal with, but it's exhausting having to sign all of the paperwork and go through several pages of rules and policies. When you get into your room, you are expected to inspect the room and furnishings thoroughly and check them off or write on the sheet provided exactly what is wrong with the room in the way of damages. Renting a car takes less time. Also, not refunding the $100 deposit required until after 5-7 days is up is a bit too long in my opinion. After all, I doubt the room stays vacant during that period of time so that it can be assessed by the manager to see if further damage was done. I would stay there again if I were in a car and bringing all the necessities they don't provide: shampoo/conditioner; hair dryer; dishes; cooking utensils/cookware and things such as that. Another thing that bothered me was the 24 hour notice requirement. If you don't give notice, you are charged extra. If I reserve the room through a certain date and they know this, why do I have to give notice? It seems to be a phenomenal waste of paper. Overall, it was a modestly appointed room that was very clean. The bed is not overly comfortable, but ok. I would stay there again if I'm trying to save money.

Room Tip: Make sure to be specific if you do not want a smoking room. Bring dishes.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo