“Overcharged”

China Wall Restaurant
Ranked #179 of 368 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Bar
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: Specialties: *Three Delight: A combination of beef, chicken, and shrimp sauteed with mixed vegetables in brown sauce. *Mongolian Beef: Strips of tender beef marinated and sauteed in Chef's special Mongolian sauce and served on a bed of cabbage. *Chef's Special Beef: Tender slices of beef lightly fried and sauteed in orange flavored hot sauce. *Shrimp with Walnuts: Shrimps battered and fried to a golden brown are cooked with snow peas, onions, and carrots in a sweet tangy red sauce. *Golden Gate Shrimp: A specialty of Chinatown in San Francisco brought by our chef in his travels. Tasty shrimps stir fried in a creamy white sauce and garnished with honey crispy walnuts. *Sa Cha Shrimp: Shrimp, baby corn, and fresh mushroom prepared in a spicy Chinese Sa Cha sauce. *Thai Pepper Basil Shrimp: A hot and spicy shrimp dish prepared with fresh mushrooms, basil leaves, baby corns, jalapeno, and garlic in a zesty brown sauce. *Blackened Steak Cube: Cubed steak marinated in black pepper sauce, sauteed with onions and served with garnish. History: Established in 1994, Family Owned Chinese Restaurant since 1994. We use only the finest ingredients. Every dish made to order. Come taste the difference at China Wall Restaurant.
Reviewed February 5, 2013

They charged me 7.25 for one Hot And Sour Soup when the menu clearly says 1.65.

I haven't been there in years. It used to be a decent place. What happened? I don’t know but the lady at the front couldn't have upset me more, it was very disappointing.

I'd never eat there again after that rip off. I know people who think its ok. I can tell you for sure, skip this or you might get conned too. There are better places in the shopping center next door.

And whats with the music, trying way too hard to make this place seem like its fine dineing, and WATER IN THE SOAP DISPENSERS. Really?

Never again.

China Wall R, Owner at China Wall Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

We are very sorry that you feel that you are overcharged of our food price on that day. I strongly believe that you either had misinterpreted or it could have been mis communicated to you from our cashier staff at the time. According to our menu, the price of our "regular" size soup is $1.65 at the time, but if you ordered a "large" size soup then there will be a price difference. At anytime if any of our customers who is concerned about our food price, please refer to our clearly written menu before placing your order. Thank you for your support.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I being going to this restaurant for more than 15 years but today it was disappointing. The portions were smaller and the food did not taste the same. I should have noticed something was different when I arrive at lunch time and the restaurant was empty. I ordered the Spicy Shredded Beef and my kids ordered the Sweet and sour chicken. The chicken tasted like ball of oil and blend. The eggrolls and the soup had a weird taste. I am not planning to comeback.

We are sorry that you are not satisfied with the food taste on that day within the 15 years that you been coming here. But at anytime if something were to go wrong with the food served to you in our restaurant, please get our manager's attention so that we can have it corrected for you. And not only that, we do use this feedback very serious for us to re-check our chef performance. We like to let our customer know as being in business for 19 years+, we are striving very hard everyday as being a food service restaurant to make our food the most satisfactory as possible to the public. And that's our promise!

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Disgusting food. Terrible service. So very filthy. And please, please, learn English for God's sake.

We are very sorry that you had a bad experience at our restaurant. We also let our customer be well aware of that we do have very tight food control every day full force, pest control regularly pre-scheduled every month, and our staffs are fully English spoken. Our City Health inspection reports are well above expectation and our level of service is at excellent rating. If you happen to visit us again in the near future, I will personally be more than happy to show you our level of quality and service at China Wall Restaurant.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I eat here a couple of times a month fpr lunch. The staff is always attentive and the food is consistently great. I really like the General Tso's Chicken.

Reviewed January 22, 2009

I've been eating at China Wall off and on for about 10 years (since 1998). The food is excellent, the service is good, and the price is reasonable. Give them a try. I believe that you'll be pleased.

1  Thank Central_Texas_Local