“Best Italian Food in Austin!”
Review of Main Street Grill - CLOSED

Main Street Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lampasas St.
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My boyfriend have been here a few times and the food is always delicious. Recently we went here and reserved to eat dinner in their vault room, which was very cool, at no extra charge! I am a huge Italian food nut, and this is the best Italian food I have found in the Austin area. I get the Main Street Alfredo dish with chicken each time, and it's so delicious I absolutely love it. My boyfriend had the New York strip which came with an incredible sauce over it, tasted wonderful. Overall, this is a great restaurant and worth trying.

There are newer reviews for Main Street Grill

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is not your typical pile it high, serve it quick, throw them out, US restaurant.
It strives to be more of a dining experience and in some respects it succeeds, but in others, there is room for improvement.
The prices will keep out some of the less discerning diners which is to be commended and, as a Brit, I do appreciate restaurants in US where linen is used in tandem with real cutlery!
But the finishing touches are missing. Side plates at set table suggested that pre meal bread or similar may be forthcoming. It wasn’t, so why the plates?
Table cloth had holes in it and decor, carpet especially, need upgraded.
Biggest crime, removing my plate while wife still eating!!
Incorrect etiquette!
Good food and service though means we may return!
My comments say it all, close but no cigar! Attention to detail needed, as food great…
What is it about US eateries, they seem incapable of making a meal out an occasion? Warm bread or olives at start, teas or coffee at end. Its not that difficult!
Lingering is good!
And profitable!!

2  Thank Blueangels
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

This was one of the best restaurants I'd been to in awhile. Everything from atmosphere, service & food were fantastic. We started with the shrimp diablo and spinach brie appetizers. Those could've been my entree alone!

My friend had a salad & I had the French dip sandwich-one of the best I've ever had.

Dessert was a let down but that was because I ordered cheesecake & I'm a cheesecake snob. I make a creamy, rich, dense one at home and theirs wasn't worth the calories, so only had a few bites.

Would definitely come back/recommend.

1  Thank BaileyElaine
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have eaten at Main Street Grille on three occasions and rate it as a favorite restaurant in the area. My food has always been well prepared and the service attentive. I have eaten a lovely dinner in their bank vault, and have been there on two occasions with ladies for lunch. I will suggest it to others who want an intimate, classy, and full menu restaurant.

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

It was a magical night! Twinkling lights, snow white tablecloths, wine, and the best steak I have had in the Austin area!
Everyone's food in our party of seven was great. There was dinner music! Afterwards we walked the square and enjoyed the Christmas lights! Round Rock Texas did themselves proud!