“Catfish Po-boys!”

Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Round Rock, Texas
“Catfish Po-boys!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Louisiana Longhorn Cafe is like the neighborhood hangout. It has a very friendly feeling, and it's often packed. I like the catfish po-boy, and my husband loves to get gumbo. They have the most amazing coconut creme pie ever. Our favorite server is no longer there, but she always greeted us like old friends. The only reason I'm withholding the 5 star rating is that they can be a bit inconsistent. Once we went there on a Sunday evening with friends from out of town, and the food and service weren't great.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Leah P

Cedar Park, Tx
“Best Cajun Food In Town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have eaten here several times and I've had a lot of the dishes. All have been awesome. We eat here at least once a month. It is a small restaurant so the wait can be long. We go before 6pm and have no problems, but after that, be prepared to wait. BUT, the food is worth the wait!!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank SueCedarPark_Tx
US
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

We ate here on November 1, 2013. I had the gumbo and my friend had flounder. Wow! is all I can say. The food was excellent. We were just in New Orleans this past summer, and the food at Louisiana Longhorn Cafe was every bit as good as what we had in New Orleans. We don't live in Round Rock, but hope to get back there soon for another great dinner.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank BeenThere20082008
Austin, TX
“Better than Expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I had dined and Louisiana Longhorn Cafe several years ago and was not impressed. Having lived in NO for 4 years I have reasonably high standards for Louisiana cooking. My most recent visit was a success. The atmosphere is fun and the food is very good - not great, but very good. Considering the alternatives around Austin, I am impressed.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank SpanningTheGlobe
Round Rock, Texas
“Great Catfish and more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

The restaurant is located in historic Downtown Round Rock, Texas. Famous outlaws (Sam Bass) used to wander the downtown streets of Round Rock. The Longhorn Cafe was built in one of the historic buildings. Inside the cafe, cajun decor is dominating but the Texas Longhorn football team is also represented. All items on the menu are great and definitely what you would see if you were eating in Louisiana. Great Cajun dishes, hush puppies, rice and beans, slaw and pictures of sweet tea. Great and friendly service always. Be prepared for a wait on weekend evenings.

• Visited August 2013